2001 4Runner build/fix log

unevolved

Oh come on, that's why you've got a spare diff!

:D

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Thats what I am saying.. locker... locker. Don't waste money fixing it and not doing a locker.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Sure he does, it's just that the spare is broken now!

Only way to fix that is with a locker.

Thats what I am saying.. locker... locker. Don't waste money fixing it and not doing a locker.

I have some planning / deciding to do with the 4Runner to do this summer. If I do repair the broken gears they will be getting a Harrop locker at Tandem. Those guys were pretty impressed with them and they have rigs they beat on like I do (or harder). Currently I am deciding if I want to buy or build a full length roof rack. The plan is to mount the RTT a couple inches more forward and have the Treds mounted above the sun roof.

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
I have some planning / deciding to do with the 4Runner to do this summer. If I do repair the broken gears they will be getting a Harrop locker at Tandem. Those guys were pretty impressed with them and they have rigs they beat on like I do (or harder). Currently I am deciding if I want to buy or build a full length roof rack and give my current setup to @Mauzer . The plan is to mount the RTT a couple inches more forward and have the Treds mounted above the sun roof.
Sounds good to me:rolleyes:

italynstylion

What do you think of it with the sway bar on? I find I notice the difference way more when I put it back ON vs when I take it off.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I notice it more when I put it back on. After driving to the Ozarks with the RTT I decided I needed the sway bar back on for loaded up highway trips. Hopefully a good quick disconnect will be documented soon for front and rear sway bars

tx_shooter

Staff member

Silverback

Why would you want the front bigger? IMO it looks perfect.. but I don't own a 4R. Tucked up nice and tight, keeps approach angles great. Winch, check, turn signals or corner lights check, place for fogs check. I'm not seeing a problem.

Silverback

What is the price diff and build diff? (too lazy to Google :) ) IMO it looks like a very solid bumper.

Silverback

Ok, I googled. :) I do like the Shrockworks as well.. the Shrockworks has built in d-ring points, a little thicker but also room for fogs and the turn signals on the wings. It has a bit more degrees of approach angle reduced but for what you are using it for its perfect. Plus I cannot argue with their build quality. Made in Texas seals the deal. :)

Silverback

You can wrap line on it later. But pull apart the planetary side, clean out the gears, regrease and put back together. Then order some synthetic line and all the wiring. But at least get it installed so you don't have to drop the bumper to do it later.