2011 Tundra - High Clearance Rear Bumper Build

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I need to buy some steel for the trailer but that is a bit too big. Thanks for the offer.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
One time I had to order 5' of 5x3x3/8 from metal supermarket. They charged me $160. That irked me off.

Have you price shopped Discount Steel in Saginaw? I know it is a drive for you but they have always been better priced in my experience.

Oswego

n00b
Luckily Ant and I have a great supplier very close to both of us for new and used metal and machinery. My parents had been using them for 50+ years and now Ive been using them for almost 20. Have a great supplier is worth its weight in gold. From boat cleats at my moms marina to fully fabricated steel beams primed and delivered to my job sites and everything in between they do a good job.

SMKYTXN

Vendor
Vendor
The rear bumper is all wrapped up. I think she turned out pretty sweet, and the customer is happy, so that's a win.

2018-10-03 16.44.04.jpg
2018-10-03 16.44.19.jpg
2018-10-03 16.45.50.jpg
2018-10-03 16.46.21.jpg
2018-10-03 16.46.46.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Oswego

n00b
Looks great! Very lucky customer!

What does that customers tag mean? "maybe a dike"? lol

I like the Tent on the tag - thats pretty cool.

Oswego

n00b
Thats bad ass - we have different tags but they are all the same lame yellow color with just a different image on them. TX gives you totally different designs with different colors. Must be nice to have some real freedom lol

Oswego

n00b
Temporarily moving to the woods for the weekend. It seems to help, but definitely is not the cure for my ailment.

SMKYTXN

Vendor
Vendor
Very good fab work. Job well done.
Give that guy a stack of business cards, I bet you will have future orders.
@SMKYTXN

Awesome work sir.

Thanks fellas. I have all of my cut lengths and notes recorded so I can make another easily. I figure the next rig will need to be in the shop, but after that I'll put together a jig so I can ship these.

And yeah, the plate is supposed to be Moby Dick.

Here's what I've drawn up for the front bumper.

Capture18.JPG

Capture19.JPG

Capture20.JPG

Capture21.JPG