2018 TRD off road build STORM

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Figured for ease of bolting them on without having to figure it out. Fab work gets less fun when your not getting paid for it lol

Its even less fun when you are paying top dollar for it. :) But I hear ya, got a couple piles of steel in the garage I've been intending to make something with... and they are still there,

balakay

BabyMax
Just talked to North Texas Clear Bra. Full 3m is around $6k. Said he had that ceramic coating product that he says will self heal with heat applied to it. Cheaper one is $1350, which has 60% of the self healing of the more expensive one for $2450. Hmmmmm decisions decisions

Damn, $6k is a tough pill to swallow. But probably 100% worth it on a black vehicle. It looks so terrible all scuffed up. I swore off black vehicles after my Tundra. Won't make that mistake again.

Silverback

For 6K you can Rhinoline that mother and have money left over for skids, sliders,lift, bumper... I'm sure your wife would love the new ride Rhinolined.

balakay

BabyMax
Or better yet, have it wrapped whatever color she wants. Didn't I see her say on Facebook a few months ago that she wanted either the sandstorm or cement grey color?

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
What are those "sliders" made out of? I'm assuming they're pretty thin like most stock steps? Even if mounted to the frame, will the outer tubes be strong enough to act like sliders without bending?
I think of some All Poo sliders I once saw that looked like pretzels. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Im shocked they only come with 2 supports. I think my taco had 5....
IIRC hen I bought my Shrockworks there was option for 2 or 3 supports. I opted for 3.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Thank you sir. By far the nicest vehicle we have had. Looks mean.

Just need to swap some of those rhino wheels onto it :rolleyes:
When Toyota gave me a Prototype TRD Pro for 3 weeks or so, my sammich maker said, "This would be a great replacement for your 7 series." I like that woman but I never justified the Pro purchase.

achirdo

2WD FTW
When Toyota gave me a Prototype TRD Pro for 3 weeks or so, my sammich maker said, "This would be a great replacement for your 7 series." I like that woman but I never justified the Pro purchase.
Problem with the Pros are that they don't discount them at the dealers. They get full msrp for them all day long.

We will keep this car a long ass time. Probably be the last car she will have before they are all self driving...

Silverback

IIRC hen I bought my Shrockworks there was option for 2 or 3 supports. I opted for 3.

Same here.. I think my sliders are 10 years old now.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Just talked to North Texas Clear Bra. Full 3m is around $6k. Said he had that ceramic coating product that he says will self heal with heat applied to it. Cheaper one is $1350, which has 60% of the self healing of the more expensive one for $2450. Hmmmmm decisions decisions
Congrats on the new car! Drooling over that new one...I don't know how you let the wife drive it everyday lol I tried to talk my wife into getting one but she couldn't stomach the MPGs.

But IMHO, $6k for a clear coat on Toyota paint isn't worth it. Toyota paint is a joke :(

achirdo

2WD FTW
Congrats on the new car! Drooling over that new one...I don't know how you let the wife drive it everyday lol I tried to talk my wife into getting one but she couldn't stomach the MPGs.

But IMHO, $6k for a clear coat on Toyota paint isn't worth it. Toyota paint is a joke :(
I'd probably Line X the whole thing before I did the clear bra. The $1300-2400 sounds a little more reasonable. She just got a new job close to the house so she wont have to fill up as often. We both wanted a vehicle we could take to Ouray. And if I'm going to be helping pay for a vehicle I'm gonna get something I want too.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Just rock the black and when it's pin stripe real bad after a few years have a professional do a paint correction process to it.

Silverback

"do a paint correction process".... repaint it?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Wet sand and or polish it starting with a more abrasive compound and working up to a wax. It's really taking a layer of clear off and polish it back to a shine.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I am SOOOOOO tempted to get my truck painted with 5 coats or so with no clear. I love to go places that are not good for my paint but GREAT for my soul. :) :)

Oswego

n00b

two out of three options cost more money to try and "save paint" than to repaint the truck the same color again = easy decision for me. Of course this is from a guy who never put a coat of wax on my Tacoma and the pin stripes are so prevalent my paint was mat white years ago lol

achirdo

2WD FTW
What did you end up going with for the film?
35% to stay legal on the front, 20% on everything else. I really wanted 20% up front but the guy said literally everyone he's put 20% up front on has gotten a ticket for it within 3 months.

I'll get a pick tonight after its cleaned up. It was dark when he finished.