2018 TRD off road build STORM

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
On the wife's new car they would only put 26% (IIRC... it was an odd number.. not 30% or 35%) tint on it for the same reason, tickets.

achirdo

2WD FTW
I asked about doing something like 26% and he said he couldn't get it anymore. Also said that each meter than reads tint can be a little different in its margin of error and some meters might show it being illegal.
On the wife's new car they would only put 26% (IIRC... it was an odd number.. not 30% or 35%) tint on it for the same reason, tickets.

Oswego

n00b
I asked about doing something like 26% and he said he couldn't get it anymore. Also said that each meter than reads tint can be a little different in its margin of error and some meters might show it being illegal.

I believe that 100% - we have meters we use to help match old glass we need to replace and they are never perfect.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Nothing in our laws says you can’t paint the windows black, but some reason window tint is regulated.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I think this build needs something up front that adds recover points and a place to mount a winch.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I think this build needs something up front that adds recover points and a place to mount a winch.

Do you know a guy selling one?

achirdo

2WD FTW
Not sure if this is a bannable offense but I washed, waxed, cleaned the wheels, and tire shined the 4r today. Pic is pre wax and cleaning the tires/wheels. Wanted to show the new tint before it got too dark.
20180321_183706.jpg
20180321_183656.jpg
20180321_182810.jpg

achirdo

2WD FTW
Progress being made. Bilstein 6112s set at 2.25" and Bilstein 600lb coils. Gonna try and squeeze them under without my wife noticing. Now I just gotta figure out how to pry the thing away from her and get her out of the house for a couple hours. Hoping to get the lift installed without her ever noticing. Gonna see how long it takes her to notice her truck got lifted lol

20180803_131823.jpg

balakay

BabyMax
Blake you still got this?

Yep!

Progress being made. Bilstein 6112s set at 2.25" and Bilstein 600lb coils. Gonna try and squeeze them under without my wife noticing. Now I just gotta figure out how to pry the thing away from her and get her out of the house for a couple hours. Hoping to get the lift installed without her ever noticing. Gonna see how long it takes her to notice her truck got lifted lol

View attachment 10892
Aaron can have those under there in like 12 minutes per side.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Yep!

Aaron can have those under there in like 12 minutes per side.
Last I remember me and Alex were swapping the coil overs from my tacoma to his, and putting new stuff in mine. From both vehicle on the ground to back on the ground with the parts swapped in it was 45 min.

Alignment will take the most time

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Was going to say you could bring it to Aaron's for a cover story. We can send the girls out for something and have it done before they get back.

Reactions: tex