3.0 to 3.4L swap (3VZ-E to 5VZ-FE)

drew02a

Staff member
The block and half frame in the bed of my Dad's Chevy 1500. It had tires and a front suspension, but we had to remove them before being able to slide this beast into the bed using a fork lift. Now I just have to go get a hoist so I can get the engine in my garage and give the truck back, lol.

Engine1.jpg

Last edited:

drew02a

Staff member
We cut and welded up the exhaust headers yesterday to convert it to Driver drop while I was in Bryan and Todd was available to create another welding masterpiece. Rob and I did all the cutting and got it tacked up and dragged it up to Rob's shop (whilst Keith watched). Then Todd swung by on his way home and TIG'd it. I'm really happy with the finished product. Part of the flex section is a little jacked, but it shouldn't affect exhaust performance. Fit's the engine perfectly.

Rob takes a bro photo op, lol

Exhaust3.jpg

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Exhaust4.jpg

Last edited:

Kruso

The Great Kruso
I had a MAF for that engine... I'll check if I still do... might save you a couple of bucks.

murphyz

yeah I'm an Asshole, an American Asshole
Nice I need to start a thread to cover the other side. Sub'd
Xover looks cool

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Got the engine out of the bed of the truck. I think it took longer to assemble the lift than it did to use it. Here's the pics

LiftingEngine1.jpg

Nice Drew! Who is this goof ball?

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
What can I say, we have a good time

We had a good time wrenching when he came down, drank an ass load of beer, and worked on 4 different Yotas in 1 afternoon.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Looks like he can't get enough of your stick Drew..lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
At this rate... your rig should be ready by the time you retire Andrew :p

So about the same time you get that anchor off the back of your truck then?:cool:

AlienXtx

Nignog
It's all relative...lol