Aftermarket New Car/Truck Extended Warranty Programs

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So I talked to another extended warranty company, just to get some prices. Guy was doing good until he said this. "We provide a lost key recovery device, have you heard of Tile?" I said yes, I have several now. He said "Well great because we will send you another".. ok.. then he says "I put mine on the dog because if I lose the dog my daughter would be so upset". This fucktard thinks Tile works like GPS tracker? Dumb-ass it's BLUETOOTH! Like it needs to be 33 feet from your phone to connect and give a location. It will do nothing other than to say something like "The last know location of 'DOG' was at home.. yesterday at 7:21 AM". I didn't have the piss in me to give a shit so I just said "Cool.. thanks".

Maybe he has a small dog?

Oh and I got a preliminary quote for adding this thing to my USAA coverage. I may start to look elsewhere.. this shit is CRAZY money for what I have.

I have been pretty happy with Tx Farm Bureau after changing away from Progressive and Geico.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Like small enough to get lost in the house maybe. LOL

I've had USAA for a LONG time.. as a paying member ;) But man, its a LOT. I might just get some quotes.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
I think I'm gonna shop around. I'm paying like 6k/yr in auto insurance inbetween my business commerical policies and and personal on the 4r
6k? You would shit if you saw a quote for an 18 wheeler. 10-15k a year per truck.

Oswego

n00b
I used to take a vacation day once a year to shop for insurance and I always skipped around from company to company every year to save $$$. Now Ive gotten lazy and I need to do some research sooner than later because my policy expires in June and I have no idea if I'm being fleeced or not.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
6k? You would shit if you saw a quote for an 18 wheeler. 10-15k a year per truck.

My buddy had a business.. insurance was 16k a year for 3 vehicles.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Curious to know if you find better rates.

Sounds like this more of a Lost Sheep Build Thread material here... but what do I know?

I wish I could write more like Dr. Seuss...“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” Unfortunately I’m not even close to being a Dr. Seuss, but I have always enjoyed the books and movies. My Lost Sheep will be found here pretty soon, wool storage is full and some may think I might be a fool, but the plan is to stay within our means and keep the pastures green. Eight more years after this school year, Laundry Fairy will have plenty of time keep to the wool clean. “I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.” Dr. Seuss.

Ok back to better rates....I priced out insurance once a year with a few of them and I just recently did this in February.

I usually scan my current insurance coverages and black out anything with money, and forward them over to the other insurance companies, I like to request Apple to Apple comparison and most usually ask for you and your spouse to complete a form to check your drivers license/record history.

Germania has been my homeowners Ins for the past 5yrs

USAA, auto insurance has been the cheapest since we moved from Houston market area, usaa is the only auto insurance which covers up a $100k included in all their policies for medical, from my experience in shopping around no one else does this that I know of.

Usually home and auto together will get you additional savings, but that’s the case in my scenario, the Tx farm bureau guy in my area is supposed to work up a comparable quote for me for both home and auto, but we got busy with a few deaths in the family and I need to reach out to him again.

Progressive, RV insurance outside of USAA, local progressive rep and I had a talk, he did say this or suggest...basically cut the middle man (USAA) out and he reduced my bill by another $80 bucks.

AAFMAA, Term life insurance 30yr on myself and Laundry

Thrivent Financial, whole life on entire family (5.3% ROI last year) and disability ins only my Laundry Fairy, I’m not eligible for DI, because I’m disabled Veteran already.

Eastern Insurance, for jewelry, fishing poles and gear. (Most homeowners insurance only cover up $2k to $2,500 on fishing gear)

Last edited:

balakay

BabyMax
No one could touch Farm Bureau on my auto prices. $90 a month for full coverage on the Civic and liability on the Tacoma. And this is with a DWI on my record. Next closest place I found was Farmers. And they want $238 a month just for the full coverage on the Civic.

Oswego

n00b
:monoloco:

That's half of what I pay for the Subaru and Tacoma with no priors and only 1 driver in my house

FUNJ :BangHead:

CowboyTaco

I was paying about $100/mo for full cover on the Tacoma and the 4Runner together.

The Tacoma and Odyssey is about the same, but I want you to remember me as the guy with the Tacoma and the 4Runner.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I was paying about $100/mo for full cover on the Tacoma and the 4Runner together.

The Tacoma and Odyssey is about the same, but I want you to remember me as the guy with the Tacoma and the 4Runner.
I almost missed that small text lol

CowboyTaco

I almost missed that small text lol

:borra2:

johnny-cash-bird-flipping.jpg