Anathollo's build

Oswego

n00b
Finally got around to changing the oil the other day. I also scrubbed the secondary catch can out pretty well. Love that thing and it's amazing all of the junk it catches. Thanks again @yotarob !

wait...you have a primary and secondary catch can? :popcorn: for some pics/additional info. My oil cap was always full of crap stuck to the top when my truck ran.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Installed two new Odyssey 35 - PC1400's last night. Also cleaned up my ground wire location as well to cover all my bases.

I've had an issue with my Weathertech floormats in the front where the side lip doesn't fit underneath the door so it buckles up. It's rather annoying and I finally got around to heating the plastic mats up with a heat gun to get them to pliable. Then I closed the door on them and let them cool off underneath the door. I'm hoping this fixes the issue.

I bought these floormats used from a guy for next to nothing and the guy had the same issue. He actually used little screws to hold them down which I don't want to do.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Installed two new Odyssey 35 - PC1400's last night. Also cleaned up my ground wire location as well to cover all my bases.

I've had an issue with my Weathertech floormats in the front where the side lip doesn't fit underneath the door so it buckles up. It's rather annoying and I finally got around to heating the plastic mats up with a heat gun to get them to pliable. Then I closed the door on them and let them cool off underneath the door. I'm hoping this fixes the issue.

I bought these floormats used from a guy for next to nothing and the guy had the same issue. He actually used little screws to hold them down which I don't want to do.

I was thinking of adding double sided Velcro

Anathollo

Staff member

Taco Loco

I have husky mats in the Ferd150, I think I like those better than the weather techs.

Anathollo

Staff member
I have husky mats in the Ferd150, I think I like those better than the weather techs.
Of course it's only the Tacoma that has the issues. I have the Weathertech's in my wife's Volvo and my mom's BMW and they fit like a glove...

balakay

BabyMax
I liked the Huskys in my 4Runner better than any of the Weathertechs I've had. Unfortunately they don't make any for the GX so I'll have to get Weathertech it looks like.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I recall I said a few years ago that I wanted to replace the Weathertechs in the Taco for Huskys and you guys thought I was on crack. NOW you see the issues I was (cut that shit) having. :)

Anathollo

Staff member
I recall I said a few years ago that I wanted to replace the Weathertechs in the Taco for Huskys and you guys thought I was on crack. NOW you see the issues I was (cut that shit) having. :)
The huskies I remember used to be generic garbage floor mats...

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
The old Huskies looked like crap. My current 4R had them in it when I bought it. I threw them out before I went through a full tank of gas

Taco Loco

They feel thicker too.
19309665-2405-4DEA-8A89-BF08A0DACB46.jpeg

95D44F6F-9958-4CDC-AD4D-C07EA9569947.jpeg

balakay

BabyMax
Yeah they're not the old Huskys like I had in my Tundra. I threw those out as well and replaced with Weathertechs. But the new Weather Beater series is great.

Anathollo

Staff member
Yeah I had looked at the new Husky mats this morning and they look just like the Weathertechs

Anathollo

Staff member
Passed the 200k mark on the way to work today.
20180212_061116.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member

@Silverback so heating the weathertech mats up with a heat gun until they got pliable and then closing the door on them, making sure to let them sit for a couple of days seems to have worked.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Good to know.

Anathollo

Staff member
Finally got around to putting my new seat covers in this weekend. They have seat heaters so of course I put them in after winter is over. :rolleyes:lol
20180314_191622.jpg

Funsies pocket for my plastic water shooters.
20180314_201123.jpg