Anathollo's build

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I stumbled across a random old post on tardworld and found someone else that had my issue. The heat shield on the driverside catalytic converter was loose and rubbing against the exhaust pipe. Kept getting worse and worse over time. It would start off rattling really loud on take off and the sound would die off around 2k RPM.
A couple of hose clamps later and problem solved! So nice to have a quiet truck again.
Hose clamp is on the right side.
20180416_201325.jpg

20180416_201307.jpg

Last edited:

achirdo

2WD FTW
I stumbled across a random old post on tardworld and found someone else they had my issue. The heat shield on the driverside catalytic converter was loose and rubbing against the exhaust pipe. Kept getting worse and worse over time. It would start off rattling really loud on take off and the sound would die off around 2k RPM.
A couple of hose clamps later and problem solved! So nice to have a quiet truck again.
Hose clamp is on the right side.
View attachment 9565
It's always the little things. Would have taken me forever to figure that one out.

Anathollo

Staff member
It's always the little things. Would have taken me forever to figure that one out.
Same here. Took awhile to figure out.

Anathollo

Staff member
Cleaned up the rust on my front skidplate, painted it and reinstalled it.
Installed new headlights since my old ones were leaking, the plastic lens cover was de-laminating and the turn signal lens had broken in half.
Installed a new LED turn signal bulb on driver side.
Ordered a new Blue Seas battery switch disconnect that @Silverback recommended after he pointed out I got the wrong one. Thanks bud!

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Glad you got the correct one on order.. I know it was not cheap, but it beats burning the truck down. :)

Anathollo

Staff member

Oswego

n00b
You having any issues with Raco's website? Ive been trying to get on all week to get some details and it's a no go. Starting to get worried they are shutting down again. I pray that's not the case. Ready to order 100k worth of frames.

Anathollo

Staff member
You having any issues with Raco's website? Ive been trying to get on all week to get some details and it's a no go. Starting to get worried they are shutting down again. I pray that's not the case. Ready to order 100k worth of frames.
We have one supplier that we go through down here so I never have to get on their website thankfully. I have a stockroom guy who handles all of my ordering...it's so nice.

Oswego

n00b
We have one supplier that we go through down here so I never have to get on their website thankfully. I have a stockroom guy who handles all of my ordering...it's so nice.

Think they changed their whole system since they got bought out. 5 years ago everyone ordered direct. Now it seems like everyone orders through a distributor.

Anathollo

Staff member
Think they changed their whole system since they got bought out. 5 years ago everyone ordered direct. Now it seems like everyone orders through a distributor.
Yeah I remember that. I had to start and still continue to order through a company called Door Pro and I use the term "Pro" loosly.

Anathollo

Staff member
Ordered new LED Sylvania 194 Amber bulbs for the side marker lights. Both of my LED ones are flickering and going out. These had good reviews and didn't seem to that issue. They are also an Amber colored LED instead of a white LED with an Amber cover.

Oswego

n00b
Yeah I remember that. I had to start and still continue to order through a company called Door Pro and I use the term "Pro" loosly.

After being out of subcontracting for the past 5 years prior to taking this job - I'm not sure anyone is a "Pro" anymore. Sad to see no new talented blood stepping up and taking over for the old school guys with wisdom. Now it's just kids that are clueless and I need to catch and stop their mistakes. Seemed to me 5 years ago manufacturers had a much greater talent pool to deal with and they caught my mistakes. Total role reversal. I guess when no Americans want to work a hard day in the trades anymore this is what we get.?. I was super happy to hear two young engineers got hired to take my place at my old job, and to this day they still get 100% of my orders. Take the time to hire smart people I don't need to hold their hands, and you get my orders. As the saying goes "You can have price, lead time, or service. Pick two." I always go with service and lead time because they make up for the cost difference in the end.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Sadly not enough people are willing to invest the years and hours it takes to become the "skilled" part of "skilled labor". I know a few teens that are very smart but do not believe that anything that includes any type of manual labor is worth their time. I blame their parents for this attitude. They should have a respect for skill in any form; that is something lacking from society today.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Sadly not enough people are willing to invest the years and hours it takes to become the "skilled" part of "skilled labor". I know a few teens that are very smart but do not believe that anything that includes any type of manual labor is worth their time. I blame their parents for this attitude. They should have a respect for skill in any form; that is something lacking from society today.
It's incredible how many people stick their noses up to a day's work. Skilled trade services or pretty much anything in construction other than a general laborer are paying the same if not better than jobs that require degrees.

It's funny, I had my younger 21 year old brother with me as I was putting up those handrails I made the other day. I was asking him if he would ever consider doing a skilled labor job and he pretty much flat out refuses. I asked what if you made the same money in 1 day as you would all week at a non labor job and he still says no. Sad really.

Anathollo

Staff member
It's incredible how many people stick their noses up to a day's work. Skilled trade services or pretty much anything in construction other than a general laborer are paying the same if not better than jobs that require degrees.

This is actually cyclical. Once there is an influx of labor, wages go down. However with every kid getting a college degree now, I see this being a lot longer curve this time around.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
In the future, the younger generations of graduates will be able to fix or remodel projects like cabinetry, plumbing, electrical, and sewer problems with the use of PS4, PC, Xbox and Wii U remotes without getting their hands dirty, you guys don't no shit about hard working, elbow grease, callus hands, blood & sweat, blue collar, tradesman's work..Etc

Do you really know how hard it is on thier gaming hands, these game controllers cause fatigue, arthritis, muscle soreness and swelling to the joints, be easy on our future workforce.
7DFE0D61-3BCA-4634-BB2D-8184D65574F2.jpeg

A3672295-0190-440C-BDB1-93CF9C5206D9.jpeg

Last edited:

achirdo

2WD FTW
This is actually cyclical. Once there is an influx of labor, wages go down. However with every kid getting a college degree now, I see this being a lot longer curve this time around.
I have a hard time seeing where the new labor is going to come from. I see this getting worse and worse for a long time to come. I know an extremely few amount of people that went into blue collar jobs and I don't see that changing. Seems like there is very little interest in the trades despite the money incentive rising. Trade class have almost completely disappeared from schools also.

Oswego

n00b
I have a hard time seeing where the new labor is going to come from. I see this getting worse and worse for a long time to come. I know an extremely few amount of people that went into blue collar jobs and I don't see that changing. Seems like there is very little interest in the trades despite the money incentive rising. Trade class have almost completely disappeared from schools also.

We will need to import the labor from countries who's people don't mind a hard days work. Most of my old NYC customers from my last job already do this. English is the second language in their shops and in their engineering depts.

Same thing I see every spring here.... Seasonal foreign labor is the only thing keeping NJ farms in business. If I go camping in winter it's all Caucasian people. Go in summer and it's a diverse mix of foreign workers. Now when the park service replaces signs they are bilingual. Ive got no issues w/it so long as everythings legal.

Anathollo

Staff member
Installed Slyvania 194 LED Amber bulbs last night.
Installed battery terminal shims. They worked out great!
Adjusted my headlights and found this guy. Time to start tackwelding...
20180521_190029.jpg