Anathollo's build

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
yesh, back on track with build.

2-3yrs since last wax lol, I'm approaching that also, only thing helps is I garage mine or carport.
Yeah mine is daily driven and not pampered lol

Anathollo

Staff member
My set of wheel bearings came in. The guy threw in two Knuckle seals for free because there was an issue with his website and it took a month to get them to me (which didn't bother me). Plan on replacing both in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Don't forget the locktite
My bad, I meant wheel bearings not wheel spacers. I must've been asleep when I posted that...

Anathollo

Staff member
Bought an Odyssey battery reconditioner and charger. Freaking $200 shipped for a damn battery charger. I'm having a sulification issue with my starter battery where it has 12.4V but no CCA's. So hopefully I can recondition it and bring it back to life. If not, I've got to send it back to Odyssey and replace it under warranty. It's only 8 months old.

Also what kinda sucks is there isn't really a warning sign that its going bad. You just hop in the truck and it's dead one day randomly.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Yeah, last year I bought an Odyssey (a group 31 for the trailer) and it only lasted 8 months or so... unreal!! I spent the money on a AGM battery reconditioner and it did not fix it. Took the battery in and it tested out with a bad cell.

Anathollo

Staff member
Yeah, last year I bought an Odyssey (a group 31 for the trailer) and it only lasted 8 months or so... unreal!! I spent the money on a AGM battery reconditioner and it did not fix it. Took the battery in and it tested out with a bad cell.
Great...if this reconditioner doesn't work then this will be the last Odyssey I purchase.

Silverback

I went with Excide for the trailer, have yet to really use it. Truck has 2 X2 Power (group 27 and 31) from batteries plus.. the 31 is 5 years old.. 27 is 2. No complaints yet.. I know I just jinxed myself.

Anathollo

Staff member
I went with Excide for the trailer, have yet to really use it. Truck has 2 X2 Power (group 27 and 31) from batteries plus.. the 31 is 5 years old.. 27 is 2. No complaints yet.. I know I just jinxed myself.
Well it looks like the re conditioner brought the batteries back. I put both batteries on it in the afternoon and through the night. Hopped in the truck and it fired right up so we'll see how long it lasts...

Anathollo

Staff member
Put my secondary battery on the Odyssey charger last night to refresh it. It was my fault since I switched off the battery and forgot to switch it back on after a few days of driving which caused it to get low. I usually disconnect them when the truck is going to sit for a few days to guard against any possible parasitic drains.

Silverback

I knew it.. had issues last year in Arkansas with the fridge draining the battery. We "thought" it was the dual battery controller or the circuit breaker, but I tested those out last weekend and they are fine. So rear battery is suspect.. then when the cold snap hit the main battery started showing 75% in the mornings.. then 50%. Granted it started fine. So new batteries are in the garage. Although I thought I had a group 27 up front, its a 65. I remember why now, the 27 was too narrow to allow me to use the tie-down I built that has all the fuse block holders and shit built in. So anyhow, back to Batteries Plus I will go this morning to get a group 65. Upside is I will save $50.

Anathollo

Staff member
I knew it.. had issues last year in Arkansas with the fridge draining the battery. We "thought" it was the dual battery controller or the circuit breaker, but I tested those out last weekend and they are fine. So rear battery is suspect.. then when the cold snap hit the main battery started showing 75% in the mornings.. then 50%. Granted it started fine. So new batteries are in the garage. Although I thought I had a group 27 up front, its a 65. I remember why now, the 27 was too narrow to allow me to use the tie-down I built that has all the fuse block holders and shit built in. So anyhow, back to Batteries Plus I will go this morning to get a group 65. Upside is I will save $50.
How old were those batteries? At least you saved $50!

Silverback

Group 31 was probably 5-6 years old and the other was 2-3. Like I said in the other thread, I don't think they are dead but I am not risking a trip to the middle of nowhere on them. I'm keeping both of them for non critical projects. :)

Anathollo

Staff member
Put a new hi-lift cover on. Old one lasted 3-4 years. I was worried the hi-lift mechanism would be rusted up but it's was fine and mostly clean. I soaked everything with LPS 3 and covered it back up. Awhile back I took the hi-lift off, sanded any rust off of it and repainted it.
Old:
20181107_181113.jpg

New:
20181107_181512.jpg

Also found a ARB cap for the air hose connector. Ordered one for a couple of bucks.
20181107_180956.jpg

Part # for anyone interested.
20181107_180834.jpg

20181107_180820.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
I replaced my neoprene hi lift cover when it got old with a then JackCover. Now it's Step 22 Gear. Will see how it holds up.
Those are pricey...about double what I paid. That does remind that I need to treat the cover with some water proofing....

Oswego

n00b
Bill Burke just posted a pic of a broken knock off Hi Lift the other day... Casting cracked right in half. People who skimp on things nick named "window makers" deserve the prizes they win. It's not like they are super expensive to begin with or that you will save a ton by going with some Chinese knock off.

You see the new ARB jack for the rich overlanders?