Anathollo's build

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
$812!! Fuck I'll buy a second winch for the rear of the truck and use the money left over for a 2nd 60" HiLift Extreme!!

Oswego

n00b
Yep. + if you dent or ding that shaft it's going to leak and might not work. Wonder how much the parts kit is for that jack? My hilift "extra parts" were less than $20.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Bill Burke just posted a pic of a broken knock off Hi Lift the other day... Casting cracked right in half. People who skimp on things nick named "window makers" deserve the prizes they win. It's not like they are super expensive to begin with or that you will save a ton by going with some Chinese knock off.

You see the new ARB jack for the rich overlanders?
Yeah that is swanky! But way too much $$$ for me. Not like I wheel anymore anyways :rolleyes: lol

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Icon sells these stupid little plastic spacers to negate their design flaw where the rubber hose rubs on the bump stop mount. So I just cut up an old hose and wrapped it around.
Also looks like the rubber hoses are on their way out.
20181123_145544.jpg

And did this to a fuel line that slightly rubs the slider mounting bolt too.
20181123_151237.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
Split fuel hose has always been my go-to for contact prevention. I would think Icon would want to fix the problem but I guess there is too much money in selling a solution.
Yeah I should've done this a long time ago...I'm also pissed that the rubber hoses for the resi's are dry rotting out.

Anathollo

Staff member
Adding seat heaters to my Wet Okole front seats was one of the best decisions I've made. Loving them in this cold weather since they heat up quicker than the truck does.

Oswego

n00b
Adding seat heaters to my Wet Okole front seats was one of the best decisions I've made. Loving them in this cold weather since they heat up quicker than the truck does.

My Subaru is my first car to have them and Ill never go back to not having them. Next car needs to have a heated steering wheel in addition to the seats.

Anathollo

Staff member
My Subaru is my first car to have them and Ill never go back to not having them. Next car needs to have a heated steering wheel in addition to the seats.
Yeah my wife's Volvo has the heated seats and steering wheel and she will never buy another car without them now. The steering wheel gets just warm enough that it's comfortable and doesn't make your hands sweaty.

Oswego

n00b
Yea, I just need something to make them less painfully numb. In the am they hurt it's so cold some days....or that's arthritis...who knows. I can tell you I sat in my Jacuzzi tub for an hr after playing paintball for 7hrs with 13yo kids Saturday and I'm still hurt.

Anathollo

Staff member
I swapped out my Radiator bushings after seeing how bad @italynstylion were. Now all my front end noises are gone and I can see why! lol
20190121_152810.jpg

I had to get a little creative to jack my truck up.
20190121_151744.jpg

I also installed my new winch controller part only to find out on testing my winch that a contactor inside the motor is bad. The whole winch itself is rusted up as well. So I just pulled my bumper off last night to take out my winch. I'll be shopping around for a used WARN winch or wait for a deal on one.
20190121_192638.jpg

You can see how chinsy these connections are for the winch controller. The new one isn't any better at all.
20190121_193556.jpg

Oswego

n00b
Warn is pretty good about selling replacement parts if you want to go down that road.

Anathollo

Staff member
Warn is pretty good about selling replacement parts if you want to go down that road.
Yeah, I still need to play around with this super winch and see if there's a fix for it but the whole thing is just rusted or rusting out.

Oswego

n00b
Yeah, I still need to play around with this super winch and see if there's a fix for it but the whole thing is just rusted or rusting out.

I'm a tard.......no idea why I thought it was a warn.

If your bushings look like that I can't wait to see mine.... prob don't even need to take the old ones out - just put new ones in where the rust dust is.

Silverback

How much are the replacement radiator bushings? Got a link and or part numbers?

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
I'm a tard.......no idea why I thought it was a warn.

If your bushings look like that I can't wait to see mine.... prob don't even need to take the old ones out - just put new ones in where the rust dust is.
Yeah I'm just kicking myself for not doing them sooner...

Silverback