Anathollo's build

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Sorry ,just saw this. yeah I'd want the bash plate as well. Chances of me using it any more are pretty slim but its nice to know its there. Overall I've been very happy with my TC gear.
I bashed the fuck outta mine in Moab and Colorado. Those took some abuse for sure.

Oswego

n00b
I screened over mine before putting an umbrella on top of it. Had a rats nest in my filter/glove box lol

I'm sure they mice will eat the zip ties first so they can gain access...

upload_2019-5-15_11-31-0.png

Anathollo

Staff member
I screened over mine before putting an umbrella on top of it. Had a rats nest in my filter/glove box lol

I'm sure they mice will eat the zip ties first so they can gain access...

View attachment 15060
Looks good! My truck doesn't sit long enough for mice to be able to make a full nest so I'm too worried about them getting in right now.

Anathollo

Staff member
Welded this up panel up underneath the driver's side headlight today. It was a pain welding and grinding due to the angle it was at. If I ever have the bumper and tire off in the future I'll take the time to grind my welds down better. Hopefully my trucks hood and light will stop shaking at 70mph now! lol
20190518_113733.jpg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Holy crap man. I checked my truck a few months ago and I have zero cracks or radiator support failures. Crazy.

PSU Taco85

Did you use one of those copper spoons to fill in the gap? I should probably check my support structure, never bothered to look but I'm sure it's gotta be busted up.

Anathollo

Staff member
Did you use one of those copper spoons to fill in the gap? I should probably check my support structure, never bothered to look but I'm sure it's gotta be busted up.
Nope just clamped it together and started tacking it back together. If it breaks again then I'll go buy some 18 gauge sheet metal to add in for reinforcement.

Anathollo

Staff member
So this has been my life for the past week. I had a bad leak that was coming in from the fresh air inlet underneath the cowl. It was leaking through that onto the cabin air filter then through the fan and onto the floor where it would puddle up.
The fan does a really good job drying it out. I'll leave it on overnight and put it away in the morning. Takes a couple of days but it gets the job done.
View attachment 15040
So I pulled off the windshield wipers to remove the cowl and this is what I found! Can't believe the wipers worked with all that junk in there.
View attachment 15041
This rock was perfectly fit into the drain hole on the driver-side drain hole.
View attachment 15042
Glued this guy back into place.
View attachment 15043
And I just used a scrap 2"x6" galvanized stud that I cut down and glued/screwed into place to drain off any water that could come into the air inlet. This was a quick and dirty job as I needed to get my truck back on the road for work in the morning. It's also covered up so you can't see it anyways. If I had more time, I would've liked to have everything dry overnight and the next day before reinstalling but that wasn't an option at this point. There was an 80% chance of rain the next day (which has now changed to 30% FML lol).
View attachment 15044
At this point, I re-siliconed a bunch of rubber trim back onto the cowl and then reinstalled it. I probably need to order a whole new cowl assembly because 12 years of sun and use/abuse has taken it's toll on the rubber trim and the actual fitment of the cowl. Apparently there's a replacement TSB from Toyota on replacing these cowls because it's a known design failure...
View attachment 15045
So after two heavy rainstorms, I've had zero water in the cab after doing this fix or "mod". So thankfully it's working for now!

Anathollo

Staff member
Cobra CB radio cord was coming apart at the bottom. Just rolled a bunch of electrical tape around it for now.
20190727_142352.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member

Oswego

n00b
I just found that mine was leaking. Not thrilled with that. Figured cleaning it in spring might have helped. Mines on the DS so who knows what I need to do to stop that from happening. Glad to hear your leak fix worked out for ya.

Anathollo

Staff member
I just found that mine was leaking. Not thrilled with that. Figured cleaning it in spring might have helped. Mines on the DS so who knows what I need to do to stop that from happening. Glad to hear your leak fix worked out for ya.
It's probably running down the trim piece and underneath the windshield?

Anathollo

Staff member

Anathollo

Staff member
My rubber bumper for my rear Pelfreybilt tire-gate was cracked and falling apart. I looked around the web for a part # for the rubber bumper but couldn't find anything so I'm posting this anyone that's looking for a similar solution as well as myself when I'll need to make a new one in a few years. lol

Step #1: So I stopped by Ace Hardware and picked up a 1"x1-1/4" rubber stop and drilled it out.
Step #2: You'll need to drill a 7/32" hole through the center of the rubber grommet.
Step #3: Then you'll need to take a 1/2" or 9/16" drill bit and drill down 9/16" of the way into the rubber stop. (If you drill a 1/2" hole, then you'll need to buy a smaller stainless steel washer since the one provided by Pelfreybilt won't fit.)

Old part next to the new rubber bumper:
20190902_142156.jpg

New rubber bumper drilled out:
20190902_150349.jpg

Installed:
20190902_150928.jpg

Side Shot:
20190902_150934.jpg

New Rubber bumper under compression. This looks exactly like Pelfreybilt's rubber bumper did under compression and the tire-gate feels rock solid again.
20190902_151413.jpg

Last edited:

Anathollo

Staff member
Bought and siliconed new headlights for the 6th time. These cheap headlights last a couple of years and then need to be replaced it seems like. Hopefully I'll have time this week to put the new headlights in.
My driver's side headlight started leaking because of the movement caused by my cracked fender well. Then it started growing algae in it! lol
20190902_114225.jpg

Passenger side headlight finish is wearing off.
20190902_114229.jpg