Anathollo's build

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I pulled mine a few years back, never tracked temps though.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member

Oswego

n00b
Had mine off for years... Don't do it. As soon as I took it off my engine blew up.

Related? You tell me

hahahaha lol

Anathollo

Staff member
Had mine off for years... Don't do it. As soon as I took it off my engine blew up.

Related? You tell me

hahahaha lol
:roflmao:So that's what causes it

Anathollo

Staff member
Blew out a brake line on the way home from work yesterday. I ordered new Crown brake lines for all 4 lines and will be replacing the brake fluid as well at the same time.
20170208_173050.jpg

Anathollo

Staff member
I also ordered half of a rebuild kit for my Camburg UCA's. New uniballs, upper & lower spindle pieces for both arms.

Anathollo

Staff member
Last edited:

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Drained and refilled my brake fluid. Installed my new Crown brake lines this weekend. The difference in quality between the two brake lines is unreal.

Pro-tip, when changing out the rear brake lines, cut your 10mm flare wrench in half so you'll have the room to turn the wrench.

I need to do this as well,and probably replace drivers front caliper as well, already bled it a few times, it sticks sometimes

Anathollo

Staff member

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Taco Loco

Anathollo

Staff member
Yeah I was looking at doing that mod awhile back but didn't have the time to do the mod. I needed the truck back on the road at that point. I'll have to wait until my new OEM rotors wear out.

Anathollo

Staff member

Oswego

n00b
You'll need to replace both calipers then. Typically the other one won't be too far behind it. I might be trying this upgrade in the future...
2nd Gen DIY Big Brake KIt -OEM parts- Part #'s provided (INSTALLED)

Pretty cool. Reading that guys post you know what I'm thinking was his issue if it wasn't too much speed? His rear brakes were never adjusted to work so he fried every set of front brakes he tried. One of the guys I was camping with this weekend had the same exact issue. He checked his rear brakes at 110k and guess what? They looked brand new.

Taco Loco

only thing I would change in parts list, I would get those green pads on oem rotors

Anathollo

Staff member
Pretty cool. Reading that guys post you know what I'm thinking was his issue if it wasn't too much speed? His rear brakes were never adjusted to work so he fried every set of front brakes he tried. One of the guys I was camping with this weekend had the same exact issue. He checked his rear brakes at 110k and guess what? They looked brand new.

He admitted that he hauls ass in the beginning of the thread so I can see that being the main cause of his wear & tear. The problem with Drum rears or rotor/calipers on the rear of Tacoma's is the fact that there's no weight on the rear end unless you're towing or have armor. So in that guys case, the rear drums are doing maybe 10-15% of the braking at that point. So he's going to burn through front pads pretty quick especially since his Tacoma came with 20" rims.

I know when I rebuilt/did maintenance on my rear drums around 150k miles, I was only 1/2 of the way through the pad and I did wayyyy more towing than the average Tacoma owner.

Anathollo

Staff member