Another TKGN build

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Looking for it now

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Flat bed is in the future, got a couple of pics that I like:

Those are nice ones!

On my list too. I first have to see the range of motion of my four link before I commit to any design. Damn four link! lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
What I don't want my bed to look like!

attachment.php

He's gonna try wheel spacers but I want to be rubbing ANYTHING! Except trees, other trucks and big rocks!

TKGN1

Straight White Male
I've kept up with his build this past year, always liked that truck.
Meanwhile, the rancho 9012s are POS and shot.
Looks like a full set of 14" 5125s might be in order. I'm contemplating going 12" or 14" based on rather I lower this thing a little or not.

drew02a

Staff member
What valving do you guys recommend on theshocks?
255/70
298/36
270/55
I was thinking 255/70, but being a strictly off-road truck a softer ride might be better.
Link to Downsouth (by the way, they are running a sale on the shocks):
http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-135588-bilstein-5125-series-performance-shocks.html

255/70 isn't THAT stiff. I think it would be a good choice and should help minimize bounce. That's the valving I have on my 4Runner, and granted it has more weight in the rear, but I kinda wish I had gone stiffer. I also had them on my Tacoma and they were great for that too.

AlienXtx

Nignog
255/70 isn't THAT stiff. I think it would be a good choice and should help minimize bounce. That's the valving I have on my 4Runner, and granted it has more weight in the rear, but I kinda wish I had gone stiffer. I also had them on my Tacoma and they were great for that too.

Is that what I'm running right now? Whatever I have is great off-road and on highway, but sucks ball over 10mph on my dirtroad.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Thanks
255/70 it is.
Gonna order those today.

Are you replacing the front and rears?

I have the 14" 255/70 and 12" 255/70 Billies on mine. They seem just right on my junk.

taco4x4rar

Someone care to explain the valving numbers to an idiot(me) who knows nothing about them. IE which one is softer/stiffer and a roughish estimate of appropriate spring rate for each?