Big Bend 2015

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So we have started the rough idea in the BS thread (where everything starts) so let's get this more official and get some stuff figured out. I know we have one member who will be at BBNP Dec 23 - Jan 2. Sean and Aaron have both said 5 days is a good trip; but let's hear what everyone else is thinking.

I am probably going to take the last week of Dec off anyways. So I am game for this trip.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Dec23rd-2nd doesn't work for me. Any other dates work for anyone?

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
It's going to be hard for someone to commit around that time frame because of Xmas and New Years and the good ole added stress of family.

Set up your 5W's, Just point and go and have fun, some folks will commit and some will commit and drop and others will just add BS and STD's to the good idea Fairy and wish they went.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
It's going to be hard for someone to commit around that time frame because of Xmas and New Years and the good ole added stress of family.

Set up your 5W's, Just point and go and have fun, some folks will commit and some will commit and drop and others will just add BS and STD's to the good idea Fairy and wish they went.

Pretty standard per trip. What about early next year?

Taco Loco

Pretty standard per trip. What about early next year?

Ok sounds good, set up your 5W's, Just point and go and have fun, some folks will commit and some will commit and drop and others will just add BS and STD's to the good idea Fairy and wish they went.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I talked to my boss and I have that week off now; easily done since it will be a short week anyways. I will be going out there.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
So we have started the rough idea in the BS thread (where everything starts) so let's get this more official and get some stuff figured out. I know we have one member who will be at BBNP Dec 23 - Jan 2. Sean and Aaron have both said 5 days is a good trip; but let's hear what everyone else is thinking.

I am probably going to take the last week of Dec off anyways. So I am game for this trip.

Now that your wife told my wife I guess I need to start laying the ground work to try and make this.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Talking with Zech and we may try to hit up the national park first for 1 night. Then Teralingua for lunch and take the river road to the state park. Should be a good trip. Hope I can make it work with my schedule.

Taco Loco

Talking with Zech and we may try to hit up the national park first for 1 night. Then Teralingua for lunch and take the river road to the state park. Should be a good trip. Hope I can make it work with my schedule.

Spending 1 day just driving through BBNP ?€?£?...meh...

That means you wouldn't even have enough time to drive up in the Chisos Basin to hike Emory or Lost mine, awesome views...

There are some awesome places to hike and view in BBNP, there is also other things to visit close to river road, hot springs(natural hot spring water flow next to the river), mercury mine, Santa Elena Canyon, Tuff Canyon.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
We might still spend more time in the national park but our main focus in the planning is the state park. The NP is about 2 hours closer so that is why we were thinking about going there first. Night fall comes much quicker that time of year so a few hours makes a difference when setting up camp.

tx_shooter

Staff member
yeah; I need to get a few things ironed out. College payment jumped up a bit more than expected but this should still be a go. Worst case I am hiding out at home and telling everyone at work that I went. lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
:popcorn:

Taco Loco

Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
:)

tx_shooter

Staff member
Shooting for Dec 26-30th. Leave out on the 26th, come back on the 30th. At the rate I am getting stuff done though I am just a month behind.