Big Bend Ranch State Park - Dec 2017

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Only an extra 15 mins longer. Will have to see how time is going when we get there - either way we are close enough to make that call on the day of.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Serious. WAY better route.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Really looking at it as a route out of BBRSP on the last day. That way we would not have to worry about going back into Presidio to top off before going into the park on the first day.

Silverback

You go right through Presidio going the route I suggested. Otherwise its much further from Lajitas and gas. This is actually a better route.

Silverback

West through Marfa.. hit Pinto Canyon road just west of Marfa and take it until it dead ends.. go left to Presidio, Gas up in Presidio and hit the entrance to BBRSP. I'll try to get a pic.. but its straight forward. Its the way I have gone the times I go. Coming back you are in more of a rush to get home so you can hit the highway.. or hit this again. Last time we went the family and I stayed in downtown Marfa. Cool place.

Silverback

Its called 2810 out of Marfa. Hits up with 170 on the border.. go left. Lots of good whoops. you will bottom out but its fun!

tx_shooter

Staff member
Okay, zoomed in enough to find it. That is also found as State Hwy 2810.

Looks like we all posted at the same time . That adds another two hours. Will have to see how we are doing that day.

Silverback

On your route home go east on 170 to Lajitas and then into Terlingua.. grab a beer.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Just have to see what the day ends up with. If everyone meeting up early and we can roll out with some time to spare it would be a great addition. If we hit problems on the way out and are already behind where we need to be then I am going to make time.

Not saying I am not going to do it - just going to see what happens that day.

Silverback

We showed up at camp in the dark... it was worth it.

Reactions: tex

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
D, d, d, d, do it. :)

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I requested this week after Xmas and that next week off, some with pay and some without, boss thinks I’m crazy, I might still consider going, trying to roll over 3 weeks of vacation for next year.

Mitt78

Sanford and Son was my Sesame Street
lol I was actually debating trying to leave a day early and go to Christmas mountain and explore a few trails on the river side of the park before the "official" trip starts.
Christmas mountain is a short run but worth it. The last time I was out there part of the road was washed out but nothing bad at all.IMG_0745.JPG

I wish I could make it out there sometime soon but we have a new addition that just turned a month old.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Looks like I need to make sure my sights are adjusted properly before going out there.

Christmas mountain is a short run but worth it. The last time I was out there part of the road was washed out but nothing bad at all.View attachment 7816

I wish I could make it out there sometime soon but we have a new addition that just turned a month old.

If I can get away from work a day earlier I plan on going to Christmas mountains before BBRSP. How is the baby/ hostage situation going?