Big Long & Black Build

AlienXtx

Nignog
heh, I thought we were talking about a bed liner.. LOL- Well, it is good slip protection on the sliders, that's about it.
no its not, it peels up and looks like shit, then you can touch it up. Just ask Jason.

Rich put skateboarders grip tape on top of his sliders. I really like that, except it scratches the shit outta your leg if you forget about it when you step out of the truck. lol
yeah I have some on top of mine too, also put it on the cross braces were I get rock chips all the time, not I don't have to touch up the paint so much.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Since I already made the mistake of bedlining them ill probably just keep on touching them up. That or if I'm bored one day I could wire wheel the whole thing and repaint.

And that skateboard grip stuff is a damn good idea. Might do that once I get used to the sliders being there to save my legs during the process lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
The stuff I got is from lowes, its for putting down on the edges of steps. I put it just on the tops of the outside bar, i don't have the leg ripping prob.

REX_BMET

4x4 Street Queen
And just for the record, the duplicolor spray in bedliner is shit. Might as well been feakin plasti dip.

Thats what I used on my rear bumper. No complaints whatsoever.

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

achirdo

2WD FTW
i used a can and a half per slider and even after curing for a month they still peeled quite a bit driving 60 miles with them in the bed of the truck. i could honestly probably make it peel by using them as a step getting into the truck. sanded them down before hand too. probably should have primed them first.

on another note anyone ever change out the shoes in their brake drums? mines have cracks and pits in them from to much mud getting into them.

REX_BMET

4x4 Street Queen
i used a can and a half per slider and even after curing for a month they still peeled quite a bit driving 60 miles with them in the bed of the truck. i could honestly probably make it peel by using them as a step getting into the truck. sanded them down before hand too. probably should have primed them first.

Yep, I primed mine first. Used the Rustoleum primer, right next to the bedliner. Sand, then 3 good coats of each.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Just had quite a learning experience with the hi lift today.

First...are the sliders suppost to flex when the truck is lifted by them? Maybe an .5-1"

Second...I knew you had to block the tires when you lifted by the front or rear but didn't know you had to do it when lifting by the sliders. Truck slipped off and the handle smacked me in the face :o. That was a wake up call lol luckily I had the door open so it didn't make a big ass scratch.

Do I need to block both the front and rear of the tire when lifting off the side?

AlienXtx

Nignog
lol