Black 84 "No Name"

taco4x4rar

Will a Hawse tear up the cable?

I was thinking a skid just below the fairlead.

The cable will tear up the hawse a skid would help but you'll still end up smashing that thing into a rock.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I have a warn steel hawse fairlead with cable on my M8000. It said that the fairlead was compatible with steel. An aluminum fairlead would not be a wise choice with cable. However, I would have used my roller fairlead if it would have fit on my Marlin bumper but it looked like it would hang down too low. Kinda like yours is doing

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I beat up my roller fairlead pretty often. Not on purpose but it just sticks out too far. I plan to build a bumper and pull it back in towards the radiator more.

fsbrain03

Silverback

Swap to synthetic ropeline and get it. Otherwise it won't last too long. On off camber pulls the steel cable will tear it up.

fsbrain03

Got my first bit of body damage, on a tree riding a narrow trail today. The Godzilla trail at Bridgeport.

Toyota truck crawler body damage Bridgeport 1.jpg

Toyota truck crawler body damage 2.jpg

Toyota truck crawler body damage fender 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverback

tis merely a flesh wound.. lol

AlienXtx

Nignog

Silverback

Before you know it we'll be calling it "The Raisin Mark II". :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Yeah, a really awesome trail! We found some really great trails there that we had no idea existed. I am sure glad for front and rear lockers!

Where was the trail around? I've been all over Bridgeport and the only areas I can think of that pop out as that nasty are the trails just south of the big hill and the power lines and the Lower Minos. I'm just curious if you found a new area to dent the truck up at.

fsbrain03

Where was the trail around? I've been all over Bridgeport and the only areas I can think of that pop out as that nasty are the trails just south of the big hill and the power lines and the Lower Minos. I'm just curious if you found a new area to dent the truck up at.

I checked out the online map, and not sure that its on there. They have added since that map was put up. I would say it's in the same direction as the Minos.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I checked out the online map, and not sure that its on there. They have added since that map was put up. I would say it's in the same direction as the Minos.

Yeah, there is a lot by the Upper and Lower Minos that isn't on the map.

fsbrain03

Took the top plate off the tranny to work on 1st gear. Had a few people tell me I should be able to tell by looking inside. Is that right? Or no?
Here's what I'm looking at:

Toyota transmission 1.jpg

End of shifter:

Toyota transmission shifter 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: