Camping Gear Thread

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'll admit.. I can really relate to the photo below.. not the Jeep but but the over packing. This time I am "trying" to pack "light". Damn when you have as much shi... gear as I do its really hard to do that. LOL I picked up a Big Agnes Big Joe 80 liter waterproof duffel to hold sleeping bags/pads and maybe a pillow or two. Should make keeping that stuff dry and dust free nice, not having to put it in the cab or put it in my huge ass Pelican case which really takes up a lot of real-estate in the bed. Kitchen box is a smallish box from Roam Adventure. I've got a small single burner stove and the folding grill in it, along with enough cookware and eating ware for 2. Add some spices, some grill tools and a couple LED lanterns and I think its set. I also threw in a MSR water filter... just in case. Its pretty much packed and I can lift it easily.. heck the little one can probably carry it. First aid kit is not small, its in a Pelican 1500 case and I'm not making it smaller, it will ride on front passenger floorboard along with an ARB recovery bag so its easy to get to. I'll have the fridge in the backseat area and a 45 qt Pelican cooler in the bed along with a toolbox (not skimping on that or the spare unit bearing assembly and CV axle I will carry :) ). Will also take 15-20 gallons of gas, 10 on the tire carrier and 5-10 in Jerry cans in the bed. Last time we went I only took 5 and regretted not taking more.

View attachment 11820

After I got the Big Agnes Big Joe 80 liter waterproof duffel I decided I needed another one. The 80l is just a little too small to cram all the sleeping bags, pads, pillows and tent into. So I picked up the 110 liter one as well. One for tent/sleeping bag/etc and the smaller one for clothes.

Last edited:

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
After I got the Big Agnes Big Joe 80 liter waterproof duffel I decided I needed another one. The 80l is just a little too small to cram all the sleeping bags, pads, pillows and tent into. So I picked up the 110 liter one as well. One for tent/sleeping bag/etc and the smaller one for clothes.

I hunt a lot in the fall, I guess you can imagine how handy it is to have a turtle shell on to store and keep everything dry.

Silverback

Agree, I just don't want one.... yet. :)

Silverback

Someone is amped about the upcoming camping trip. She had us setup the 2P tent in the living room today so she can sleep in it a few nights. LOL. She said no more pics until she has got it all setup. And yes she had BMX today and had not taken her gear off. Pay no attention to the TV. We took over the room from the wife and whatever channel she had it on is what it is. :). Now it’s on Disney.

View attachment 11849

Oh it was not easy telling the little one this.. but the BBRSP camping trip is off.. for us anyway. My wife severely ruptured a disk in her neck. Her left arm is pretty much useless, disk pressing on 2 nerves leading to it and her spine. So.. on the 13th she goes under the knife for a disk replacement. We had planned to leave on the trip on the 16th. So.. looks like I am out. I am still working on shit and there is a 1% chance I'll make it. But its very unlikely. :(

Last edited:

Silverback

Thanks man.. good thing is that BBRSP isn't going anywhere. Shitty part is letting the little one and @tx_shooter down.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Oh it was not easy telling the little one this.. but the BBRSP camping trip is off.. for us anyway. My wife severely ruptured a disk in her neck. Her left arm is pretty much useless, disk pressing on 2 nerves leading to it and her spine. So.. on the 13th she goes under the knife for a disk replacement. We had planned to leave on the trip on the 16th. So.. looks like I am out. I am still working on shit and there is a 1% chance I'll make it. But its very unlikely. :(
What did she do? Surgery came up quick.

Silverback

She was going to Orange Theory (cross-fit style stuff). She thinks the rowing machine did her in. But it was bad.. she went to the back surgeon she went to 11 years ago ago and when he saw her her MRI he said "Wow.. that is impressive". So here we are.

Silverback

But the back doc also said 11 years ago that he would see her again 2 or 3 times. She played volleyball and basketball up to her 30's. Her spine wasn't holding up. He was right.. at least two times.. so far. She is still young.

Oswego

n00b
Yikes... we just picked up two rowing machines for my co-workers kids swim clubs. Our local college sells the used ones off every year and he got one hell of a deal. One of the benefits to having a healthy rowing community in Philadelphia I guess.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
I have been debating getting a rowing machine but there does seem to be some "considerations" listed by a lot of doctors.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
She was going to Orange Theory (cross-fit style stuff). She thinks the rowing machine did her in. But it was bad.. she went to the back surgeon she went to 11 years ago ago and when he saw her her MRI he said "Wow.. that is impressive". So here we are.
Ouch that sucks

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

Vs.

205C2310-D3A4-4FB7-9376-9C422728AD48.png

Oswego

n00b
Pretty cool, but being a negative skeptic by nature this product makes me smirk in anticipation of all the issues that will result from its ownership. I hope they spent 99.9% of their time and $$ on latch R&D. You can't even buy one that's static and doesn't leak so this had better have some dam good on par with NASA engineering lol

UTTaco34

Pretty cool, but being a negative skeptic by nature this product makes me smirk in anticipation of all the issues that will result from its ownership. I hope they spent 99.9% of their time and $$ on latch R&D. You can't even buy one that's static and doesn't leak so this had better have some dam good on par with NASA engineering lol

A coworker has one, and his leaks less than my standard Leer. It actually pulls the cap down on the bed rails at its lowest position with the actuators. I’m actually looking into building my own system with sourced parts. You can buy the actuators and switch components for about $250, and I have a buddy that is going to help me fabricate the brackets. My wife is a wizard on a sewing machine, so will probably make our own canvas sides. Our biggest complaint camping in my camper shell was head room, so this solves that.

Oswego

n00b
A coworker has one, and his leaks less than my standard Leer. It actually pulls the cap down on the bed rails at its lowest position with the actuators. I’m actually looking into building my own system with sourced parts. You can buy the actuators and switch components for about $250, and I have a buddy that is going to help me fabricate the brackets. My wife is a wizard on a sewing machine, so will probably make our own canvas sides. Our biggest complaint camping in my camper shell was head room, so this solves that.

A good woman that can use a HD canvas sewing machine is priceless these days. My mom used to make everything from canvas tops for boats - reupholstering my buddys Samari decades ago w/waterproof fabric.

This has me wondering if she wants to start making some hammocks for me lol

tx_shooter

Staff member

Interested in that parts list. If I put my RTT on a trailer I would really like the option to raise and lower it through a powered system.

tx_shooter

Staff member
A good woman that can use a HD canvas sewing machine is priceless these days. My mom used to make everything from canvas tops for boats - reupholstering my buddys Samari decades ago w/waterproof fabric.

This has me wondering if she wants to start making some hammocks for me lol

Going to ask your Mom to make you a new banana hammock?