Camping Gear Thread

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I should have bought one of those a while ago. My old ice chest needs to be retired.

I have a few ice chests that have seen better days, I left one POS chest at my FIL’s house, only because I didn’t want it anymore.

Taco Loco

When I bought this, never remember reading anything about this being a bread warmer.

0D3AEF97-2A00-4F4A-A83F-5B31A04D963F.jpeg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Wow... luckily mine is still sitting at 27 degrees.

Oswego

n00b
No need to spend to get a good cooler. I just decided to get it done and buy once/cry once for the rest of my life and Kong had me drinking the cool aid on their shelves. In hindsight I should of put that money into my land fund, but I'm working an end around to get some $$ quick for that. That said if anyone buys a Kong - don't buy the trays if you wan to save some $$. I can get you the design and you can cut your own and save some major $$$$.

Taco Loco

The ARB cooler is set at the hottest setting, but it stuck on freeze mode and the digital temp does not corresponds the correct temperature, eventually it below 0, it’s about -6 on the thermostat I have in there now, I cannot trust this cooler for any type of trip, I will try this tomorrow,
adjusted his was off by 6 Degrees, pretty sure mine has something more serious with it.

If not, lol or and or butt, if I need any icecold MF’s Praise Jesus coldbeers in the shop within an hour, it works just fine for that purpose.

Neg 6
3C6843C5-643D-456D-A30D-0C95454BF9B0.jpeg

Neg 16, lowest I’ve seen it go was neg 25
B52F48F9-1310-4FD2-ABC8-5F2B392F032F.jpeg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Guessing it is out of warranty?
They are AMAZING about out of warranty coverage. After 10 years, they said if you send it to us, and we can fix it, we will, FO' FREEEEEEEE!!!

CALL THEM

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Last edited:

Oswego

n00b
Think for some mental sanity I'm going to lock myself out of my house and plan a weekend camping trip in my backyard this weekend. Temps will be in the high 70's with no rain so the weather will be perfect. Think Ill load out Thursday and see how good these coolers work. I need a weekend of being unplugged in nature, just sucks Ill be surrounded by houses instead of nature but I'm working on bringing that into my backyard.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Think for some mental sanity I'm going to lock myself out of my house and plan a weekend camping trip in my backyard this weekend. Temps will be in the high 70's with no rain so the weather will be perfect. Think Ill load out Thursday and see how good these coolers work. I need a weekend of being unplugged in nature, just sucks Ill be surrounded by houses instead of nature but I'm working on bringing that into my backyard.
Remember to pre-chill the coolers for best performance (i.e. put ice in them a day before the trip).

Oswego

n00b
Remember to pre-chill the coolers for best performance (i.e. put ice in them a day before the trip).

For the most accurate results I'm going to copy what I'd do in real life so I'm going to over fill them with warm beer and under fill them with crappy ice, throw them in my car Thursday night, then drive to work. Ill sneak otu Friday early like real life then go home and act like I'm in the woods to see what happens over the weekend lol

Doubtful Ill be digging cat holes in my backyard so I might not replicate that.... last thing I need is my neighbor seeing me shitting in my backyard lol

Taco Loco

nice. lol, Share that adventure on here after the wknd. Camping over there and beyond.

AlienXtx

Nignog
I usually just pack up and take my kids to the back of our property to "get away" and camp lol

Oswego

n00b
I usually just pack up and take my kids to the back of our property to "get away" and camp lol

Thats what I am aiming for when I get some land........just replace "kids" with "hookers" and thats my kind of trip

AlienXtx

Nignog
lol

Oswego

n00b
My dungeon I mean basement is running out of room - that's the real reason I need to move lol

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My dungeon I mean basement is running out of room - that's the real reason I need to move lol

How many dead hookers does it take to change a lightbulb?

Apparently not three because @Oswego's basement is still dark. lol