CB Basics

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
So will putting a tennis ball on my antenna hurt the signal strength? When my antenna hangs on something it's going to spring back and I don't want it busting up my 3rd brake light.

no

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
So will putting a tennis ball on my antenna hurt the signal strength? When my antenna hangs on something it's going to spring back and I don't want it busting up my 3rd brake light.

It may not hurt your your tx or rx but getting laid? Forget about it! lol

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
So I am trying to get my CB to work. I know I need to check the SWR. That will be done very soon. The problem is I can hear everything crystal clear. When I try to respond there is nothing but static transmitted. The antenna is mounted to the bed of my red truck and put together correctly in the right sequence. The Coax is mounted to the antenna and routed between the cab and bed and zip tied to the frame and comes into the cab through a slot that I cut through the floor grommett under the drivers seat and up to the CB. I wonder if I might have toasted the CB by not having it properly tuned before I tried it. Probaly going to have the CB tested to make sure its operable and then go from there. Is there anything I might have overlooked?

AlienXtx

Nignog
So I am trying to get my CB to work. I know I need to check the SWR. That will be done very soon. The problem is I can hear everything crystal clear. When I try to respond there is nothing but static transmitted. The antenna is mounted to the bed of my red truck and put together correctly in the right sequence. The Coax is mounted to the antenna and routed between the cab and bed and zip tied to the frame and comes into the cab through a slot that I cut through the floor grommett under the drivers seat and up to the CB. I wonder if I might have toasted the CB by not having it properly tuned before I tried it. Probaly going to have the CB tested to make sure its operable and then go from there. Is there anything I might have overlooked?

prob so, I tosted the first one i put in my Taco by keying up without a tune.

Silverback

Oh good.. I can put another radio in the cab. :)

Silverback

#sarcasm

Oswego

n00b
Changes coming to CB radios.

"Product delivery will take some time"

*goes to Ebay Europe*

Yea, shipping time lol