Checking in from PA

Yesmar

Hey guys, Im from Harrisburg. I own a 15 Tacoma sr 4banger 4x4 5speed.
got rid of my 13 reg cab 4x4 5speed.

Im enjoying this website. Some useful info and awesome builds!

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Welcome aboard. Originally from Delaware & Chester counties...

Yesmar

awesome guys, thanks for the welcome. I'm working on getting stuff organized and ill get a picture up.

Yesmar

here was my rc 100% stock
01ED2C55-D2C7-46F3-B93D-D46DF5982FA5_zpssohnptob.jpg

82BB9443-E8F8-4656-965F-50226C3EB82D_zpsn53t4b4b.jpg

8F999F12-71CD-4FB0-8EEC-5BB9D98B3025-317-0000003283574324_zpsf1ef947b.jpg

I do miss her once and a while, heres the new one, murdered out from the factory >:D
9F75A93D-D72A-4E8D-A465-A57D92676B77_zpsayqmeysi.jpg

57220FB2-7F51-4854-855C-BD3B0863B4F1_zpsd1nobco1.jpg

I got a dcu cap, curt tow hitch, ebay fog light kit :)
D2535DC2-2567-46F4-ABE1-43F3125714DD_zps50qzcvps.jpg

0D7B2075-B698-4F2A-92A7-8726A3A8A32E_zpsthpnrxtx.jpg

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
That last pic... that in front of a beer store? What kind of selection do you have up there?

Yesmar

Ha no it's not a beer store, that's not in Harrisburg. We do have an awesome selection of brews at home. You can get pretty much anything you want here. I'm a huge iPa snob, but recently quit drinking 6 months ago, it's a nice change for now.

Anyway plans for the truck for right now are
bud built skids. (I crushed the stock one on my rc too easily, haven't done any real off-roading with this one yet.)
A GOOD 3" lift(still haven't decided yet)
Some bfg's AT
And finally I want to turbo it further down the road. But it will happen! I <3 turbos :)

tx_shooter

Staff member
Good 3" lift - looking for a good DD and off road setup I take it? Not just an add-a-leaf solution?

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
That looks like the Philly El...

Sliders and skids are a good 1st purchase

tx_shooter

Staff member
I will +1 sliders. I am waiting to do any legit off roading until I have a set of sliders. (probably)

Yesmar

Thanks guys. Sliders haven't really been on my radar, although this rig is considerably longer then my rc. Something to think about I guess.
The suspension Im still thinking about. Yes My trucks in the past see average off road, nothing crazy, but more then just logging trails. It also will see it's fair share of snow and beaches. Gets a lot of work done, use it as a truck. Wouldn't call it a daily driver atm. Most reliable vehichle so it see road trips and weekend fun.
the truck does have the tsb leafs. Still doing some research.

That last pic was in Brooklyn.

Last edited:

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Never would've thought my sliders would be as handy as they are when I bought em. They stop being from dinging your door in the parking lot and keeps logs & rocks from bashing your body panels. Also make a decent lift point in an emergency.

PSU Taco85

Never would've thought my sliders would be as handy as they are when I bought em. They stop being from dinging your door in the parking lot and keeps logs & rocks from bashing your body panels. Also make a decent lift point in an emergency.

Yep they def keep the women in the shopping carts from dinging the doors up at the super mart. I've used mine countless times on the trail, aside from skid plates the are probably the best bang for your buck thing you can add to your truck.

Yesmar

sounds good. im going to see if I can make them. If I do ill start a build thread :)

I was thinking about sliders for my last truck but I just never got around to them. didn't even think about door dings in the parking lots too. sadly I think ive already acquired the first mark in the city :/

tx_shooter

Staff member
If I was building my sliders I would go with square tubing for the legs and brace bar; then DOM round tube for the outside bar. I'll have seen this setup a few times in person and it looks good, functions better.

Yesmar

hmm that sound good. Idk if ill be able to bend a round pipe. Im thinking square pipe will be easier, easier cuts ect. Ill do some more research and see if I can come up with some sort of design.