Coilover rebuilding

Lrgrnr

As some of you know, I am try to get into rebuilding Coilovers and shocks on the side basically to help the East coasters out on shipping prices.

I have been rebuilding dirt bike shocks for years and recently stepped up to rebuildable coilovers. I have rebuilt 2 pairs of Saws, (revalved 1 set of them) and rebuilt 1 set of Icons.

I am currently trying to set up a charging station to save some $$ and some time. I have to send the Icons to IVD to get them charged because of the recesessed charging port.

So......my question is where do I start my search for in building a charging station and getting a charge port gun so I can do the Icons and Foxs myself

:D Thanks!!

taco4x4rar

As some of you know, I am try to get into rebuilding Coilovers and shocks on the side basically to help the East coasters out on shipping prices.

I have been rebuilding dirt bike shocks for years and recently stepped up to rebuildable coilovers. I have rebuilt 2 pairs of Saws, (revalved 1 set of them) and rebuilt 1 set of Icons.

I am currently trying to set up a charging station to save some $$ and some time. I have to send the Icons to IVD to get them charged because of the recesessed charging port.

So......my question is where do I start my search for in building a charging station and getting a charge port gun so I can do the Icons and Foxs myself

:D Thanks!!
Those port guns may be patented so that you have to send them to FOX/IVD for rebuilds, a quick google search yielded nothing for me. BTW you may want to try contacting light racing they are the ones who actually manufacture the coilovers for IVD.

06HAOLE

I dont know about the port attachment but I sourced together my nitro setup from a welding supply shop.

20lbs tank, 400 psi regulator, hose rated for 400 psi, a few fittings and thats it. I bought a Kartek shock gauge to dial it in exactly but its honestly not needed.

001-9.jpg

Last edited:

06HAOLE

I think that this is the port attachment.

Nitrogen Safety Fill Needle
These replacement fill valve needle is used in conjunction with a nitrogen bottle and shock fill kit for quick and easy refills of shock absorbers and bump stops. Unlike using a schrader valve which requires a threaded T handle to fill a shock, this setup uses a Fox air valve, which only requires the user to simply press the needle in the air valve and hold in place in order to fill a shock.

Part Number
Description
FOX-80201000A
Nitrogen Safety Needle Fill Valve

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Tools/Pressuregauges.html

Lrgrnr

I dont know about the port attachment but I sourced together my nitro setup from a welding supply shop.

20lbs tank, 400 psi regulator, hose rated for 400 psi, a few fittings and thats it. I bought a Kartek shock gauge to dial it in exactly but its honestly not needed.

001-9.jpg

I think that this is the port attachment.

Nitrogen Safety Fill Needle
These replacement fill valve needle is used in conjunction with a nitrogen bottle and shock fill kit for quick and easy refills of shock absorbers and bump stops. Unlike using a schrader valve which requires a threaded T handle to fill a shock, this setup uses a Fox air valve, which only requires the user to simply press the needle in the air valve and hold in place in order to fill a shock.

Part Number
Description
FOX-80201000A
Nitrogen Safety Needle Fill Valve

http://www.kartek.com/Product/Tools/Pressuregauges.html

This is exactly what I'm looking for!

I probably have a regulator, hose, and tank laying around.

AlienXtx

Nignog

001-9.jpg
I carry two of those tanks with me to air back up.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
Damn I need to rebuild my Kings. Matt I will hit you up when the time comes. I have the parts and new Springs. I just need the time

06HAOLE

Damn I need to rebuild my Kings. Matt I will hit you up when the time comes. I have the parts and new Springs. I just need the time

If you want just throw them in a box and send them to me. I need the practice.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I wish I could. My red truck is going under the knife today and will need my black trtuck for DD duty

06HAOLE

I wish I could. My red truck is going under the knife today and will need my black trtuck for DD duty

Well Im down whenever. Let me know.