Dealing with Trail Stripes

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Thought it would be a good topic...

This looks great! I picked up a buffer today and I'm looking for inovative ways to deal with my trail stripes!

[video=youtube;dVkJT_hL6Zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVkJT_hL6Zs[/video]

All I need to do now is to ship my truck to England! :)

Last edited:

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
[video=youtube;vELBw3tI1ck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vELBw3tI1ck[/video]

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
This may fix or start different scratches!

[video=youtube;K0FF-X_L6gM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FF-X_L6gM&feature=related[/video]

AlienXtx

Nignog
Well I can't see the vid on this stupid iPhone, but I got one helluva scratch this past weekend. I'll post a pic when I get my truck back, I had a vine scrape down my driverside from middle of my rear door all the way to the taillight ....not pretty.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Well I can't see the vid on this stupid iPhone, but I got one helluva scratch this past weekend. I'll post a pic when I get my truck back, I had a vine scrape down my driverside from middle of my rear door all the way to the taillight ....not pretty.

Yeah I have about 20 cat claw scratches that just won't go away. I remember having one step paint in the 'olden days' where a spray can and polish fixed nearly anything! I hope we can back to that in some form!

AlienXtx

Nignog
Such is the curse of have a black truck...lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Such is the curse of have a black truck...lol

It's not the black paint I have a problem with it's the WHITE CLEAR COAT that sucks!!! :(

AlienXtx

Nignog
True, that white stripe really stands out on the black though...lol

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I know I have 3 black rides!!! :)

balakay

BabyMax
I have one on my passenger side from head light to tail light. My truck is scratched pretty bad but for some reason that one is the only one that bothers me. Need to do something about it this weekend when I wash my truck.

AlienXtx

Nignog
I know I have 3 black rides!!! :)

lol....you would think we would learn our lesson by now, this is the third black truck that I've owned too.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Just do what some of the guys up here do, they repaint their trucks white to hide the scratches

White is certainly the best color to hide trail stripes!

AlienXtx

Nignog
Just do what some of the guys up here do, they repaint their trucks white to hide the scratches

Im going to redo mine in that sandstorm or what ever that tan color is on the Fj's

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I still think a single layer 'as sprayed' finish would be best! Got a nasty scratch? pssssssss pssssssssssssssssst pssssssssssssssst Done and done! :)

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
That ProMaster SSR stuff seemed a little too good to be true. But if it works then cool, very cool.

I do like Clydes single layer of paint, touch-ups are a breeze. :) I've 10's of dollars wrapped up in too, so initial cost is pretty low. :)

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

I thought that was just so they could hang out in the "White Tacoma club"? :D

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
That ProMaster SSR stuff seemed a little too good to be true. But if it works then cool, very cool.

I do like Clydes single layer of paint, touch-ups are a breeze. :) I've 10's of dollars wrapped up in too, so initial cost is pretty low. :)

rofl.gif

Maybe when 'Black' enters puberty I can can spay him or better yet, maybe the unobtainium paint will be the cure! :)

Last edited:

Oswego

n00b

Also the best color to hide dents and dings

White is certainly the best color to hide trail stripes!

Hell yea....until you park your truck near a campfire. I almost had a heart attack the first time I parked by one. You could see every scratch.

I thought that was just so they could hang out in the "White Tacoma club"? :D

I'll start one.

Here is one of my TW buddies after 1 day in our NJ trails. I told him about the pinstripes, but he looked at my truck and didn't care until he saw this on his. You can't see shit on mine.

White.......FTW!