December 2016 - Big Bend

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Everyone knows they want to go to Moab, Colorado, and Death Valley. The first time somebody sees pictures of Big Bend Ranch State Park or Big Bend National Park they immediately know they need to go there also. Where else can you go and maybe see up to 20 people in a week? This month's banner pic is from the a 2013 trip by @TacoXpo @Silverback and @tex . They had good weather and were able to cover a lot of the park. Since then there have been more trips into the area by other members with different threads for pics.

I know my wife is always asking when we are going back.

The 2013 Big Bend Ranch State Park thread.

2016_Dec.jpg

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Oh yeah.. I noticed that this morning and it didn't even register what I was looking at. lol

balakay

BabyMax
That black truck needs to be photoshopped out since it's no longer a part of this forum.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I debated the pic but decided the truck earned a spot in TO-R history. Now that silver web wheeler rig needs a redemption trip.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
And Sean was kind enough to host this Morning Glory guy. It was a great trip. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Ouch!

Silverback

Oh man... she does drive it... but not much. Sadly its sees WAY too many highway miles these days.

Mitt78

Sanford and Son was my Sesame Street
When I saw the name of this thread I was looking forward to another trip out there. Now I just want a another drink.

Silverback

We did drink a lot out there.. but we also explored a lot. We all need to go back out there.. but bring more jerry cans of fuel.

Mitt78

Sanford and Son was my Sesame Street
We did drink a lot out there.. but we also explored a lot. We all need to go back out there.. but bring more jerry cans of fuel.
When we went earlier this year we all had 2 4gal rotopax each in case.
DD9B1C60-2759-4DDF-964E-E0F386E9F069.jpg

Last edited:

tx_shooter

Staff member
When I went out there last year I took 25 gallons with me spare. I ended up only needing roughly 15 gallons for the week I was there.

Silverback

You rig is much more frugal than mine. I sadly only brought one 5 gallon can and we went back into town to refuel twice. Next time I'll be prepared.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I also got stuck for a day with zero movement due to the weather. Plus I took a lot of gas because my on board tank is only 18 gallons.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I tried my best! lol :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I typically bring 20 extra gallons when I go to the desert. :) DV likes to damn near double the price but even with that, I would rather explore the areas that have no gas. :)

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Handhelds with mag mount antennas are cheap theses days. I got rid of my CB about 2 months after getting a HAM. :)