Nignog

Oswego

n00b
What kind of grease do you use Boyd?

Mobil-1...."I put that shit on everything"

041.jpg

or do you mean for the balls themselves? I use tri-lube for that

044.jpg

ewwwwww.... visual of a greased up Boyd/Keith/Lurry tripod...

I just threw up

AlienXtx

Nignog
rofl

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
I prefer the homebrew!!!!

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

Mix it in a plastic bag. Cut a hole in the end. Squeeze 'er out!!! It looked like you already squeezed one out!

Lrgrnr

Ok, I temp fixxed my LBJ's..............bought a needle fitting thingamajig and pumped those bastards full of grease. hopefully it will last. Also got tie rod ends, need to get those installed ASAP, got a ton of slop on the passenger side.

Oswego

n00b
Ok, I temp fixxed my LBJ's..............bought a needle fitting thingamajig and pumped those bastards full of grease. hopefully it will last. Also got tie rod ends, need to get those installed ASAP, got a ton of slop on the passenger side.

Keep an eye on the BJ boot. Once you warm it up that grease will keep squirting out so youll have to keep at it until you change them out. I kept lubing mine up for almost a month and it worked for a while then no matter how much I filled them up they sounded like popcorn being popped.

Oswego

n00b

DemonSpeedn

You talking to me?
Thanks for the write up, been needing to this for a while now, just haven't had time to do it yet, made it look fairly simple to do

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
It started with the technical peeps at Total Chaos. They were recommending a graphite synthetic. My experience with this mix is 100% quiet - now if I could have some way to encapsulate the uniballs with this mix - or I had thought of just dry graphite - I would be squeak free without having to spay or squirt lube on them!

Oswego

n00b
It started with the technical peeps at Total Chaos. They were recommending a graphite synthetic. My experience with this mix is 100% quiet - now if I could have some way to encapsulate the uniballs with this mix - or I had thought of just dry graphite - I would be squeak free without having to spay or squirt lube on them!

Shit.....I just lubed and installed my bushings. Maybe Ill grab some and make a mix for the cams and bolts while I'm out grabbing breakfast tomorrow before I throw it all back on the truck. I need to figure out some kind of cap before winter hits. That is definitely on my list and has been for a while

It's not, but we can handle it

rofl

I've actually never done a ball joint before so if I can figure out how to do it safely..........

It helps when you have OCD :)