Drew02a 1997 Lexus LX450

drew02a

Staff member
1997 Lexus LX450, 4.5L I6, Automatic Transmission, 4x4

Haven't done a ton to this thing yet, but there are a good amount of parts on order headed to my house. Next week, this thing might actually look like an offroad vehicle. For now I'm just gonna list the stuff that is about to go on

Mechanical
Part Time 4wd Conversion

Exterior
255/85/16 BFG MT KM2s
16x7.5 Tacoma TRD Offroad Alloy Rims

4XInnovations Bolt-on Sliders, Without Kickout

Interior
Sony DSXS100 Digital Media Receiver
Cobra 18 WX ST II CB Radio

Metra 70-8112 Radio Wiring Harness for Toyota Amp Integration

FourCorners64.jpg

Last edited:

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yo dawg...that's a pimp ass whip you got! Those steps and flares gotta go man.

SamSter0077

Frack me..
Counting the days till you replace that rubber.. :D Looking forward to this build up, even thought it's Christa's.. :p

drew02a

Staff member
And if you believe this I'm chinese

I'll let y'all make your own conclusions. Keep in mind I've already spent about $1000 on mods and upgrades, lol Already ordered the Part Time 4wd conversion today. Just need to find some Toyota Manual Hubs. As much as I despise cone washers, they do their job very well.

The Gas door spring was missing and the previous owners had just tied a piece of string to the mechanism so you had to open the rear gate and pull the string and simultaneously reach over and open the gas door by hand. I found a little rubber stop laying around and it was enough to pop it open when you pull the lever like normal.

GasDoorSpring1.jpg

Christa taking some pride in her ride; probably spent 2hrs between last night and tonight peeling the stick on chrome off of the door handles

Christa1.jpg

taco4x4rar

What sort of hubs do you need? Mini truck? IFS? something else? I'll look around at the PnP next time I'm there see if there are any yota axles around.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Nice buy Drew! Did y'all sell the mustang yet?

murphyz

yeah I'm an Asshole, an American Asshole
Nice rig. That is the same rig my wife wants for a baby mobile

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
lol Where have you been? The mustang was totaled

Oh they totaled it? I knew Christa had gotten into an accident but I must've missed the post where he said it was totaled...

murphyz

yeah I'm an Asshole, an American Asshole
Exactly what I was thinkin. Only reason fe that rig is the straight axle and the intwrior

Wow, I'm drink nw howdwee dkodee. !
Have fun robs is fun beer is really really glood

jdmcq

Will pay to see Cmack get tased
huge difference. They should keep the druggies looking for a score from approaching the vehicle.