Exo cage questions.

tonka toy

Cheapthrillsoffroad.com
I'm looking in to doing an exo cage on my 85 runner.

I already have custom tube bumpers and sliders, would like to hook them together and add some more body protection.

Has anyone done this or have any insite or suggestions?

cmack

I am CANADIAN.
Got pictars of the rig?

tonka toy

Cheapthrillsoffroad.com
Yup.

toysfortotsrun055.jpg

taco4x4rar

This would be a better question on pirate4x4 none of us really have any experience building cages. That said its pretty difficult to design a functional one that retains use of your doors and hood

AlienXtx

Nignog

Kinda shitty doing it in Paint, but something like this would work if you made the front part on a hinge/pin set up so you can remove it.

toysfortotsrun055.jpg

AlienXtx

Nignog

AlienXtx

Nignog

AlienXtx

Nignog
I would think one bar in front of the hood and one behind would be enough, and could probably be designed so the hood would clear

oh im sure it would be..lol
i was goofing on one i saw that had a clamshell type front on it that was way over kill.

AlienXtx

Nignog
This is what I'd like to do on the T100 minus the rear part.

toysfortotsrun055-1.jpg

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Enter Toyzilla

0LMcJ.jpg

Last edited:

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
4xInnovations interior cage FTW. :)

Sent from my leash using Tapatalk

tonka toy

Cheapthrillsoffroad.com
Enter Toyzilla

167364_1782917412139_1215592637_32066033_1481151_a.jpg

I like to looks of this but don't need/want as much tube in the rear. I have a roll bar that's tied in to the frame behind the back seat so I'm more looking to body protection when I'm in the tight and twisty trailes. I've already had to fix my soft top and I would like to protect it as much as possible with out adding a shit ton of weight.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I like to looks of this but don't need/want as much tube in the rear. I have a roll bar that's tied in to the frame behind the back seat so I'm more looking to body protection when I'm in the tight and twisty trailes. I've already had to fix my soft top and I would like to protect it as much as possible with out adding a shit ton of weight.

My biggest concern with that one is how do you take the hard top off? I have 3 different tops (Full, half and bikini) that I change with the seasons. Maybe make that section bolt on so it is removeable?

AlienXtx

Nignog
looks like it just slides in from the back, you should be able to remove the hard top with out really having to lift up.