For all Tacoma guys that has had drive shaft issues

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Most dealers are.. they are looking to make a buck (or 2000) every chance they can.
What I don't understand is how all of these dealerships aren't jumping on this? It's free money from Toyota. I'd tell my techs to fuck up the U joints so Toyota would have to pay me to replace em lol

italynstylion

What I don't understand is how all of these dealerships aren't jumping on this? It's free money from Toyota. I'd tell my techs to fuck up the U joints so Toyota would have to pay me to replace em lol
That's my thought as well. They get paid very well for warranty work. Wouldn't you WANT to be the dealer known to do warranty work often so people constantly brought you business?

Taps

Glad to see I am not the only one.

Long story short, I dropped the truck off on Tuesday and they called me 20min ago. They will not be replacing the U-Joints or propeller shaft.

I am being told that the vibration is because one of 2 things.....
1- rims could be bent or tires are off balance.....(BS)
2 - Where the drive shaft was mounted to the frame, looks like it may be bent.

Work they want to do...

Valve Gasket - 325.00
Re-surface Rotors & Rims - 570
Hammer out frame mount - 300
Balance tires - 59.95

These people really are slick. I really wish dealerships were actually respectable......

This was at ToyotaOfColumbia in Lexington Sc. Never had an issue here before. Hell we own 2 vehicles from them the 07 Tacoma and 14 - 4-Runner.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Seems like too many dealerships are trying to become stealerships again. I was floored when they tried selling me a new transmission.

Oswego

n00b
Sounds like a bad service writer. Too bad the techs don't have more power.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Glad to see I am not the only one.

Long story short, I dropped the truck off on Tuesday and they called me 20min ago. They will not be replacing the U-Joints or propeller shaft.

I am being told that the vibration is because one of 2 things.....
1- rims could be bent or tires are off balance.....(BS)
2 - Where the drive shaft was mounted to the frame, looks like it may be bent.

Work they want to do...

Valve Gasket - 325.00
Re-surface Rotors & Rims - 570
Hammer out frame mount - 300
Balance tires - 59.95

These people really are slick. I really wish dealerships were actually respectable......

This was at ToyotaOfColumbia in Lexington Sc. Never had an issue here before. Hell we own 2 vehicles from them the 07 Tacoma and 14 - 4-Runner.

@Taps Welcome to TOR!

Yep. You got the same run around I did. All this recall does is make people bring their cars in so the dealership can make money repairing everything else except the thing they promised...

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
I brought the wifes car in for a simple recall (some tube on her air intake that would have taken me 5 min to replace) and after being there for 5 HOURS they tried to tell me I needed brakes and valve cover gaskets...both of which I had just done a few months prior. I called the service manager and reamed him and he asked if I could bring the car back in so they could check it out again. I just laughed and hung up.

Taps

Just picked the truck up. On top of everything already stated. The service manager said he believes that the Drive Shaft support bearings are damaged from road Debris and feel this is causing the most vibration.

Oswego

n00b
Just picked the truck up. On top of everything already stated. The service manager said he believes that the Drive Shaft support bearings are damaged from road Debris and feel this is causing the most vibration.

lol

a professional fictional writer couldn't come up with as much bullsh*t as Toyota service writers. So sad.

I was telling myself this week if Toyota brought a diesel version of the Tacoma to the US I would buy the first one. More I think about it - Ive never been treated so poorly by any service writers from any other brands nor have I ever owned a vehicle that had as many issues as my Tacoma. if it wasn't for offroading, the culture, and the people I met offroading - I would really hate my Tacoma. Guess thats why I have let it sit the past 3 years.

Last edited:

Taps

The best thing about all of this..... They rented me a Chevy Silverado for the past 2 days.

I told them thanks for looking into the Recall and they got defensive. Sir it is NOT a recall. If this was a recall we would be replacing it.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

And they still do nothing to help you out. If I did not know better I would say you are working with my local dealer service department.

And welcome to TOR.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
lol

a professional fictional writer couldn't come up with as much bullsh*t as Toyota service writers. So sad.

I was telling myself this week if Toyota brought a diesel version of the Tacoma to the US I would buy the first one. More I think about it - Ive never been treated so poorly by any service writers from any other brands nor have I ever owned a vehicle that had as many issues as my Tacoma. if it wasn't for offroading, the culture, and the people I met offroading - I would really hate my Tacoma. Guess thats why I have let it sit the past 3 years.
You must not have owned a bimmer! lol

Oswego

n00b
You must not have owned a bimmer! lol

No sir. After fixing my moms Jag for years I'm all good with imports unless they are Japanese.

I was looking at Yota sites last week and noticed a "drive line extender" being marketed/sold for purposes of fixing drive line issues. Said our stock shafts were not long enough. First I had heard of them or that issue. No idea how true it is, but my spidey sense tingles just thinking about it and who would buy it.