Forum Move

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
The year with GoDaddy is ending in a few weeks. So the migration to InMotion Hosting is underway this week. There will be some intermittent access issues but should not last long and hopefully is done this week. Once I have more info I will pass it along.

- Zech

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Good deal!!

Mitt78

Sanford and Son was my Sesame Street
Im glad its moving to the Los Angeles. We all know we need a thread on how to restore the aura of your Taco.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Actually having it hosted on their East Coast servers. I didn't want to get involved in Kommiefornia.

Initial backup migration started this morning. If all goes well we will do the DNS cut over around 10 pm tonight.

tx_shooter

Staff member
The final forum move will be happening Monday, 9 Jan 2017 in the morning. The website will be set to maintenance mode until it is done. It is expected to take around two hours so it should be back in business by noon. We should see better performance and less issues on InMotion servers than we had with GoDaddy.

There will be some software updates applied after the move so there may be some user interface changes to be aware of. I will start an update issues thread if enough problems arise.

tx_shooter

Staff member
We are expecting it to be done inside of two hours but I figure I would block off 4 because I know better. I would start checking back around 10a to see if it is back online.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
raw

Silverback

Sweet

tx_shooter

Staff member
It appears we are having some PHP and SQL issues after the move. I should be able to apply the fix when I get home tonight.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
It appears we are having some PHP and SQL issues after the move. I should be able to apply the fix when I get home tonight.

like I know what the hell PHP and SQL is, does not sound like any hydrology issues in Karst geology to me.

Silverback

SELECT definition
FROM internet
WHERE name IN ('PHP, 'SQL');

:)

Oswego

n00b
When I enter the forum now in the background I see a quick screen flash saying "silk road"... whats that?

Oswego

n00b
I kid.... I kid ...

Silverback

LMAO

tx_shooter

Staff member
Still hammering out a few rough spots from the server move. Thankfully we have 3 years of hosting so unless it goes to total crap we will not have to go through this for a while again.

If you try to get onto TO-R at any time and are not able to please let me know by PM or text.