Gears

fsbrain03

4.88 is what I have been thinking about today. Thought that would be a nice setup for whatever I have. A crawlbox is already on the mod list.

fsbrain03

Back to this thread. I wanted some thoughts on setup for the front diff. ECGS has a diff, with gears, and locker for right over around $1400. I would need to pickup a compressor for around $200. So $1600 for the setup, and just replace the existing diff with this one.

Then around $500 for the rear= $2100 (someone has gears fro sell on TW for $150)

To buy all the parts and have someone put it all together.
-Locker= $832
-Compressor= $200
- Ring and Pinion for front= $210
- Front Install Kit= $205
-Rear Ring and Pinion= $250
- Rear install kit= $235
-Labor: ?
-Other parts I'm forgetting: ?

That's over $2K to gather all the parts, and have someone intall.

Unless I am missing something, the ECGS built option is the way to go, correct?

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yes

taco4x4rar

Back to this thread. I wanted some thoughts on setup for the front diff. ECGS has a diff, with gears, and locker for right over around $1400. I would need to pickup a compressor for around $200. So $1600 for the setup, and just replace the existing diff with this one.

Then around $500 for the rear= $2100 (someone has gears fro sell on TW for $150)

To buy all the parts and have someone put it all together.
-Locker= $832
-Compressor= $200
- Ring and Pinion for front= $210
- Front Install Kit= $205
-Rear Ring and Pinion= $250
- Rear install kit= $235
-Labor: ?
-Other parts I'm forgetting: ?

That's over $2K to gather all the parts, and have someone intall.

Unless I am missing something, the ECGS built option is the way to go, correct?

ECGS is really the way to go for the front, you can't even come close to what they offer for the front locally. Any competent local shop should be able to do the rear for 200 or so, but then again If you get every thing from ECGS it comes with a warranty which in of itself is worth it's weight in gold.

fsbrain03

ECGS is really the way to go for the front, you can't even come close to what they offer for the front locally. Any competent local shop should be able to do the rear for 200 or so, but then again If you get every thing from ECGS it comes with a warranty which in of itself is worth it's weight in gold.

A rear built, with a locker is around $1100. Not sure if they would re-use the elocker if i sent it to them.

taco4x4rar

A rear built, with a locker is around $1100. Not sure if they would re-use the elocker if i sent it to them.

How do you figure, it's 620 if you send them the core.

fsbrain03

How do you figure, it's 620 if you send them the core.

I wasn't figuring in the core. The front diff is also a bit cheaper with the core.

Not sure a weight on each, but maybe around $200-300 to send both.

I may be able to either keep them as backups, or sell them for more around here.

fsbrain03

Just got this quote from Sierra Expeditions:

For the Nitro gear package $644.10 shipped (gears, master install kits, solid spacers)....The cost is the same for 4.88 or 5.29's

taco4x4rar

I wasn't figuring in the core. The front diff is also a bit cheaper with the core.

Not sure a weight on each, but maybe around $200-300 to send both.

I may be able to either keep them as backups, or sell them for more around here.

What they charge for the core is about all they are worth for something with factory gearing.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
ECGS is almost always the best option. Especially for front diffs.

x2 for ECGS.

If you are hell bent on getting it done locally, sad to say, but 4WP is your best bet. They offer a pretty damn good warranty, don't recall exactly what it was... but it was very very good, I want to say lifetime if they do the install and you buy the gears from them. Now I know 4WP gets a lot of bad press.. mainly due to some asshats that work there or the DB's that take their SuperDuty in to get the full blown "Bro-Tard" treatment.. BUT, if you can find one that does good work and you trust, they don't do bad work. The 4WP in Austin has several mechanics I would trust to work on my shit.

fsbrain03

x2 for ECGS.

If you are hell bent on getting it done locally, sad to say, but 4WP is your best bet. They offer a pretty damn good warranty, don't recall exactly what it was... but it was very very good, I want to say lifetime if they do the install and you buy the gears from them. Now I know 4WP gets a lot of bad press.. mainly due to some asshats that work there or the DB's that take their SuperDuty in to get the full blown "Bro-Tard" treatment.. BUT, if you can find one that does good work and you trust, they don't do bad work. The 4WP in Austin has several mechanics I would trust to work on my shit.

Thanks Sean. Last question, and I'll quit bugging yall until next time.

Can I keep my e-locker in the rear? I haven't heard anyone say that I can't, so just wanted to clear that up.

Silverback

Thanks Sean. Last question, and I'll quit bugging yall until next time.

Can I keep my e-locker in the rear? I haven't heard anyone say that I can't, so just wanted to clear that up.

Yes, you can keep your e-locker. ARB doesn't even make a locker for the E-locker third member.

fsbrain03

Called ECGS today to get an idea on cost, and process. Seems pretty simple. I order, they send me the new/rebuilt diffs, and I send back my old ones. They quoted me $2200. 4.88's, arb in the front, and for the rear elocker regear.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Called ECGS today to get an idea on cost, and process. Seems pretty simple. I order, they send me the new/rebuilt diffs, and I send back my old ones. They quoted me $2200. 4.88's, arb in the front, and for the rear elocker regear.

sounds about right.

Silverback

ditto... its not cheap but its the last time you'll do it (on that rig) :)

taco4x4rar

Doooooooooooooooooo itttttttttttttttttttttt you will be very satisfied with the results.

fsbrain03

I'm gonna pull the trigger in a couple of weeks. That comes with a the $150 version of the compressor. Does that sound good, or go for a bigger one?

Silverback

Always go bigger.

taco4x4rar

I'm gonna pull the trigger in a couple of weeks. That comes with a the $150 version of the compressor. Does that sound good, or go for a bigger one?

Depends, personally I wouldn't have just one air system if I was running an ARB, I would have their mini compressor or whatever it's called that is just for the locker and nothing else and it would be dedicated to running the ARB and ARB only. Then I would have a second unit for all the other OBA needs, including but not limited to actuating the ARB should the dedicated ARB compressor fail.