General Welding Projects

Oswego

n00b
Jib crane. Not sure if I'd do it the same way again. Instead of doing a trailer hub I think i would do a hinged system

Pretty cool. You got me thinking of how to get crates of glass off trailers w/o a forklift/lull onsite.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Pretty cool. You got me thinking of how to get crates of glass off trailers w/o a forklift/lull onsite.
You need a really stout trailer. This one is gonna twist all to pieces.

If you are that interested Id be willing to work you up a quote for one, I'll build it, then just pay a hotshot to run it up there to you.

A frame like that 5x10 I just made would do really well with a couple small modifications.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
DAMN! You building a bridge?

achirdo

2WD FTW
DAMN! You building a bridge?
Bunch of structural for a building.
20181003_135637.jpg

Silverback

Should build a bridge. ;)

Silverback

I'm getting soft (not in the penis region.. hell you know that).. I just want to build bridges with the folks who don't understand. I'm just trying to be a kinder, softer Silverback.. its a stretch. Now lets just say that bridge does not/ can not cross borders.. cause.. well then that is trespassing and you are lucky you get to see your kids again. Some countries don't have the same response. But that is a lot of steel. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he needs a bigger jib crane. ;):D

Congrats on the big job man.. awesome.

achirdo

2WD FTW
Should build a bridge. ;)
Had an opportunity a year ago, small residential bridge but a bridge non the less. Contractor seemed squirrely so I opted out of that one.
I'm getting soft (not in the penis region.. hell you know that).. I just want to build bridges with the folks who don't understand. I'm just trying to be a kinder, softer Silverback.. its a stretch. Now lets just say that bridge does not/ can not cross borders.. cause.. well then that is trespassing and you are lucky you get to see your kids again. Some countries don't have the same response. But that is a lot of steel. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he needs a bigger jib crane. ;):D

Congrats on the big job man.. awesome.

Thanks man. Hoping I win it. Good money in it. My last attempt at a big structural job at this time last year didn't go so well due to an employee stabbing me in the back and a couple lessons I needed to learn. Looking to try it again.

Oswego

n00b
You need a really stout trailer. This one is gonna twist all to pieces.

If you are that interested Id be willing to work you up a quote for one, I'll build it, then just pay a hotshot to run it up there to you.

A frame like that 5x10 I just made would do really well with a couple small modifications.

I have to use all engineered products and my boss is a dick, but thanks for the offer. When we retire we can work on a design then sell it to a glass company lol

Speaking of hotshots I know they are a dime a dozen, but I just had Rite-Way Express out of Red Oak, TX drive me up a flatbed full of aluminum from TX and he was great to deal with (Husband and wife company). if you guys ever need anyone his e-mails is: satterwhite1971@yahoo.com, Name is Daniel Satterwhite and cell is 214.399.3447. Ill throw this in the TX shipping thread as well.

Working on my biggest bid yet right now. Right around 125k lbs of steel. Holy canoli.

Good luck man!

I just landed the Liberty Bell Museum yesterday and I'm stoked. Small 30k job but I'm more stoked because we will be removing all the glass currently protecting the Liberty Bell and I'm a sucker for jobs that have some significance to history or this wonderful city lol

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I have to use all engineered products and my boss is a dick, but thanks for the offer. When we retire we can work on a design then sell it to a glass company lol

Speaking of hotshots I know they are a dime a dozen, but I just had Rite-Way Express out of Red Oak, TX drive me up a flatbed full of aluminum from TX and he was great to deal with (Husband and wife company). if you guys ever need anyone his e-mails is: satterwhite1971@yahoo.com, Name is Daniel Satterwhite and cell is 214.399.3447. Ill throw this in the TX shipping thread as well.

Good luck man!

I just landed the Liberty Bell Museum yesterday and I'm stoked. Small 30k job but I'm more stoked because we will be removing all the glass currently protecting the Liberty Bell and I'm a sucker for jobs that have some significance to history or this wonderful city lol
That's awesome!

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you

Good luck man!

I will give him a call. Mind if I drop your name that passed out his info?

Oswego

n00b
I will give him a call. Mind if I drop your name that passed out his info?

Not at all. Tell him it was Boyd the guy he delivered a flatbed of Raco framing to in Philly and he should remember me.

Reactions: tex

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
So is there any reason I could not / should not build this myself instead of buying what could be questionable welds?

upload_2020-6-21_10-39-44.png

AlienXtx

Nignog
Bottom

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Kind of what I was thinking. Will see how much I already have and then source the rest. I need to get some better jack stands together before it is too late.

Silverback

Bottom for sure.