Help Search for missing hiker?

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Wasnt going to go by myself and none of my friends were able to commit so looks like I wont be going.

Oswego

n00b
I'm useless out here, but please keep us updated.

Stories like these and the hiker in Hawaii who was lost for 18+ days are why I got a new PLB last year. I spend the majority of my time in nature breaking rule #1 (always bring a buddy).

I'm not a salesman for these but for $300 they can save your life http://oceansignal.com/products/plb1/

I'm a big proponent of single use, no subscription, 406mhzPLB's. When shit hits the fan I never want a dead battery in my PLB because I was texting or calling anyone.

Oswego

n00b
Glad to hear this guy got found. Sad to hear he sounds like a tard that put others in danger.

So this guy had a cell phone that was working, did "a great deal of research" before going onto the trail, and still couldn't figure out how to get out on his own....??? WTF... does no one use maps and compass anymore when they go out?

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Glad to hear this guy got found. Sad to hear he sounds like a tard that put others in danger.

So this guy had a cell phone that was working, did "a great deal of research" before going onto the trail, and still couldn't figure out how to get out on his own....??? WTF... does no one use maps and compass anymore when they go out?
Nope. Most people don't.