Inverter 400W anytime and adding in-cab plugs

ToddBuh

Howdy Everyone
First, thanks for this article, I can't wait to do it. but While searching for those ac plugs that you put into center console on ebay I was having a hard time finding them, But then I got into the home stereo section and found that there are a lot of the AC plugs being pulled from the back of receivers and being sold as replacement parts. These seem to be plentiful on there and there are several different styles from the various stereo makers, so you should be able to find the one that best fits your application. Most all of them were $13 each plus a couple bucks for shipping.
Hope this helps, I'll be doing this when my ac plugs get here!

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Thats a good idea! I still haven't done it yet BTW.. probably lost the plugs by this time.

Oswego

n00b
Thats a good idea! I still haven't done it yet BTW.. probably lost the plugs by this time.

me neither and Ant gave me a plug over a year ago lol

ToddBuh

I was surprised to see that the inverter is in the center console. I'm a Tacoma Newbie, but had already figured out that I didn't like having to have the truck running to use the outlet in the bed. and decided to just keep using my little inverter in the cab. Now I can do this and have one less thing to carry. And it's hard to charge on the go, when your plug in, is in the bed.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Agree'd. The plug in the bed would be nice for a job site or camp site. I rewired mine to use the 2500 watt inverter in my tool box (fed from a second battery) so I can make coffee without cranking up the truck.

PSU Taco85

Yeah I'm thinking when I install my dual battery setup I'll put a larger inverter somewhere in the cab probably under one of the seats and use the plug in the back powered from that. Run some heavier gauge wire back there then I could actually use the plug for something other than charging laptops and phones lol