Just Guns

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BirdTRD, Jan 24, 2011.

1. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

I love the The Lodge hunting thread but I thought I would start a thread for the non-hunting shooting sports. Post pics of sporting or military rifles, shotguns, handguns.

Discuss modifications, self-defense, concealed carry, etc.

I'll start by whoring out a picture of my military rifles just to get it going. These are from top to bottom:
    match grade FN FAL
    Valmet
    HK91

[​IMG]

2. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

3. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

Everybody loves the HK at first sight. However in the real world, its always been kind of a love it or hate it gun. It has unusual ergonomics that some people just can't seem to get used to. The FAL is typically considered the favorite of these three in military circles.

4. texasislandboy

texasislandboy donde esta la NGAGE IT

5. Silverback

Silverback Known to eat paint chips

Nice!

6. texasislandboy

heres my .308 im building up its on hold now im gonna start a AR soon
    [​IMG]

7. Silverback

Nice Andy!

8. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

What is that rifle? M70 coyote lite? I can usually tell by the picture but the details on my phone aren't very good due to size. What AR you hoping to get?

9. texasislandboy

its a model 700 varmint have been shooting reloads i make out of it and its a tack driver the next thing i want for it is a drop in trigger! as for the ar im going to build a cheap one to throw around prob a spikes lower and a dpms parts kit

10. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

I've put Timney triggers in several rifles. Easy job, relatively inexpensive, and makes ALL the difference in the world! It will be a whole new gun. Typically, you're group size will be cut in half too for the simple fact that the gun goes off a little quicker and with less pressure potentially moving the barrel off target.

11. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Fuck Off!

:shifty:

12. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, we'll have to ask that coyote about that... or maybe "we" need to lay off the booze while we're hunting?

13. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Fuck Off!

That and the lil bunny..lol
    Lay off the drinking would save us some ammo, I used a whole box of .40 hollow points and a box of .22 didnt shoot shit.

14. texasislandboy

hey now i went out with jason the next time a drank and hit every one we shot at...

15. texasislandboy

ill have to look into those here in the next month

16. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Fuck Off!

Well I always think a little clearer after a ol'fashion too, guess I shoulda went hunting with Jason.

17. balakay

balakay When I shit, my dick touch the water.

I'll have to get some pics next time I have them out. I really like the look of that FAL Greg.

18. Silverback

No no no... thats why its the ATF... Alcohol Tabaco AND Firearms. They are meant to go together.

19. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Fake News sells advertising and divides

:)

Do you think it may be changed to ATFOR?

Off Roading :)

20. Silverback

For sure! I need some billet aluminum roll cage mounts to hold my rifle. :D

You would think the liberals in Washington would promote drinking and shooting, it give Bambi a chance that way.

Oh and thanks for clearing up what OR was... I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer this evening. LOL