Kayak Fishing

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
That is not a "random" encounter. Deep water has sharks - as was said earlier. Fuck..... that!!!

jtfzj80

That is not a "random" encounter. Deep water has sharks - as was said earlier. Fuck..... that!!!

the gulf has tons of sharks in 6-10 feet of water on the beach, I've caught some 4-6 footers up shallow pretty scary to think people are so close but have no idea haha

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
I've seen 6-8 footers in West Matagorda bay. We've got to make sure our stringers arent wrapped around anything on us when we wade there

thekidcatcher

Tried this today. Fuck you guys, you can keep it. I'll stick to boat and dock fishing lol. Stocked up and baby mullet and perch though off my bulkhead so I'm going to see what wants to eat them tonight

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I've seen 6-8 footers in West Matagorda bay. We've got to make sure our stringers arent wrapped around anything on us when we wade there

Where are you fishing at on West Maddy?

I grew up there during the summers, my ol'e man and family still have bay houses on Shicke Point, Bay St West

SecretSquirrel

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Staff member
Where are you fishing at on West Maddy?

I grew up there during the summers, my ol'e man and family still have bay houses on Shicke Point, Bay St West

Since we only wade unless tripletailing, we fish from Phillips Bayou to Hilberts Bayou.

Oswego

n00b
Tried this today. Fuck you guys, you can keep it. I'll stick to boat and dock fishing lol. Stocked up and baby mullet and perch though off my bulkhead so I'm going to see what wants to eat them tonight

lol

You didn't give it much time... bad experience?

Oswego

n00b
Maybe Ned Beatty didn't teach him what happens when a toothless hillbilly says you got a purty mouth

:shifty:

I kayaked the lake that is rumored to be what Deliverance was based on a few years ago (Smith Mountain Lake) and when you hear banjo's just paddle faster.

Oswego

n00b
Finally got my "angler" kayak. LL Bean had 20% off this weekend for Columbus Day + another 10% off for signing up for their Visa card Ill never use.

Now I just need to name her, break a bottle of Boons Farm over her bow for good luck, and pop her cherry with a maiden voyage.

301669_36938_41

Manatee 10 Angler Fishing Kayak | L.L.Bean

Oswego

n00b
If anyone has a need I have some Scotty rod holders that came with the boat I don't need. Brand new/never used/still have the tags on them - bought this past Sunday.

Got:
(1) Scotty # No. 279 Bait Caster with No Mount - cheapest retail I could find was for $10.83

Holds a bait caster reel in a cushioned cradle.
A slot in the front of the rod holder allows for a spinning reel to be securely held in position. The rod holder design has a side mounted flange, which leaves the bottom open. This allows for the rod holder to accommodate trigger grips. Pistol
grip rod butts easily clear the sides of the rod holder for quick rod retrieval. Rod can be secured in holder with a soft latching strap which snaps over the top.
280RodHolder_nomountBIG.gif

(1) Scotty # No. 433 Coaming / Gunnel Clamp Mount - cheapest retail I could find was for $18.95

Position your rod holder or Scotty accessory virtually anywhere on the lip of your kayak's coaming. Built tough from rugged engineering grade nylon, the 433 revolutionizes the way your can fish from your sit-in kayak. The attached Gear-Head Mount allows you to quickly change rod holder positions with a simple twist. Easily fasten the 433, drop and lock your favourite Scotty Rod Holder or accessory and start fishing! A non-permanent solution for mounting fishing gear to your watercraft and getting you out there!
433_CoamingClamp_GearHead.gif

Both shown together (last of the three pics - doesn't include the tray in pic 1 or or the light in pic 2):
coaming_gunnelclampmount.jpg

Ill ship both to someones door for $25 via USPS flat rate. Payment via PP - add 3% if you don't want to gift it.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
If anyone has a need I have some Scotty rod holders that came with the boat I don't need. Brand new/never used/still have the tags on them - bought this past Sunday.

Got:
(1) Scotty # No. 279 Bait Caster with No Mount - cheapest retail I could find was for $10.83

Holds a bait caster reel in a cushioned cradle.
A slot in the front of the rod holder allows for a spinning reel to be securely held in position. The rod holder design has a side mounted flange, which leaves the bottom open. This allows for the rod holder to accommodate trigger grips. Pistol
grip rod butts easily clear the sides of the rod holder for quick rod retrieval. Rod can be secured in holder with a soft latching strap which snaps over the top.
280RodHolder_nomountBIG.gif

(1) Scotty # No. 433 Coaming / Gunnel Clamp Mount - cheapest retail I could find was for $18.95

Position your rod holder or Scotty accessory virtually anywhere on the lip of your kayak's coaming. Built tough from rugged engineering grade nylon, the 433 revolutionizes the way your can fish from your sit-in kayak. The attached Gear-Head Mount allows you to quickly change rod holder positions with a simple twist. Easily fasten the 433, drop and lock your favourite Scotty Rod Holder or accessory and start fishing! A non-permanent solution for mounting fishing gear to your watercraft and getting you out there!
433_CoamingClamp_GearHead.gif

Both shown together (last of the three pics - doesn't include the tray in pic 1 or or the light in pic 2):
coaming_gunnelclampmount.jpg

Ill ship both to someones door for $25 via USPS flat rate. Payment via PP - add 3% if you don't want to gift it.

I'll take em. I'm going to give them to my nephew who lives in his kayak now. He's out fishing all the time. I'll PM you.

Edit: PM sent.

Oswego

n00b
I'll take em. I'm going to give them to my nephew who lives in his kayak now. He's out fishing all the time. I'll PM you.

Edit: PM sent.

Well that was quick - danka!

Items sold.

Oswego

n00b
Spent about 10hrs in the new yak this weekend and I'm very pleased. Tracks well enough for a short yak and the seating position and seat aren't even comparable to my old kayak's seats. In my old yaks I'd last about 1/2hr before my back started talking to me ~ In the new seat I can go hrs without any pain. Makes me wish I ditched my old yak and got a new one a long time ago.....now I'm thinking of getting a new 12-14' yak to replace my decades old 12'.

Oswego

n00b
Hope your nephew has enjoyed the rod holders lol

Seems like we lost come content in here *looks around and see's no one*

Here's some ice breaking idiocracy

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Hope your nephew has enjoyed the rod holders lol

Seems like we lost come content in here *looks around and see's no one*

Here's some ice breaking idiocracy

How are you supposed to fish with that ice?