Light Racing (SPC) UCA Feeler

tgormtx

Vendor
Vendor
We have a new supplier for some of our product offerings and to celebrate, I thought we might save some people some money.

Who needs new UCAs and wants to save some money within the next week or 2? The price is too good to be advertised, so if you're serious, comment that you're interested and vehicle model/year and PM me for details.

SPC makes UCAs for:
Toyota:
1996 - 02 4Runner
2003 & Up 4Runner
2007 - 14 FJ Cruiser
1998 - 07 Landcruiser 100 Series
2008 & Up Landcruiser 200 Series
2001 - 07 Sequoia
1998 - 04 Tacoma PreRunner
2005 & Up Tacoma PreRunner
1995 - 04 Tacoma
2005 & Up Tacoma
1999 - 06 Tundra

Lexus:
1998 - 07 LX470
2008 & Up LX 570

25480.jpg

Improve droop travel, drivability and tire wear as well as adjusting tire position in your wheel well with SPC’s adjustable front upper control arms. Featuring an upgraded greaseable ball joint and SpecRide™ bushings, this arm is designed to correct alignment angles while maintaining factory ride quality. SPC's integrated tubular and cast steel designs provide the strength and durability needed for the most demanding environments. These remove and replace arms are sold in pairs.

Get more droop travel: SPC’s arm has improved clearance to get around the spring bucket. With 80° of articulation in the upgraded ball joint and free pivoting bushings, SPC's arm gives you maximum droop travel.

Get your drivability and tracking back: When you lift your truck you affect caster and camber. SPC’s arms have +1° of caster built into them. Using its patented ball joint design the arm will get you 0° to +4° of caster and ±2° of camber, so you can put your alignmnet angles back to specification.

Get your tire where you want it in the wheel well: Use adjustment in the control arm and on the OE lower cams to maximize alignment angles and move oversized tires forward in the wheel well to minimize or avoid fender trimming.

tgormtx

Vendor
Vendor

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Depending on price I am interested for my '01 4Runner.
Do some further research. I'm getting ready to replace another ball joint on these and bought a whole new set less than a year ago. Heard the sounds today in the hotel parking lot and looked at my boots. Grease has been leaking enough for the ball joints to be and noisy and likely dry, will have to check when I get home. My last set I replaced 3-4 ball joints over the course of a few years due to failure. Seems pretty excessive to me. The ball joints are easy to replace and some of them were covered under warranty, but should not lose grease that quick and fail.

I wonder if the issues I have due to not having a sway bar and the extra "travel" that allows. Who knows, but I'm not pleased at this point.

Edit:. Just read these ball joints are now greasable? It's about time... wonder if that'll help delay failure

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Do some further research. I'm getting ready to replace another ball joint on these and bought a whole new set less than a year ago. Heard the sounds today in the hotel parking lot and looked at my boots. Grease has been leaking enough for the ball joints to be and noisy and likely dry, will have to check when I get home. My last set I replaced 3-4 ball joints over the course of a few years due to failure. Seems pretty excessive to me. The ball joints are easy to replace and some of them were covered under warranty, but should not lose grease that quick and fail.

I wonder if the issues I have due to not having a sway bar and the extra "travel" that allows. Who knows, but I'm not pleased at this point.

Edit:. Just read these ball joints are now greasable? It's about time... wonder if that'll help delay failure

Thanks for the heads up; right now it looks like I am holding off. The transmission issues are a little more pressing.

tgormtx

Vendor
Vendor
Ball joints are one of those components that wear out, just like brakes and the like. When you put them under extra stress from wheeling and adding extra extension for more droop, it can cause pre-mature failure. Not always, but it really depends on vehicle configuration and other situational circumstances.

That said, SPC has been doing a lot of product upgrades to ensure their product is up to the task that we put them through. Regular greasing of the ball joint will certainly improve longevity.

Also, now that we have this new distributor, I have access to replacements ball joints and bushing as well as SPC LCA cam bolts for anyone interested.

bakerla

Man, Myth, Legend
Ball joints are one of those components that wear out, just like brakes and the like. When you put them under extra stress from wheeling and adding extra extension for more droop, it can cause pre-mature failure. Not always, but it really depends on vehicle configuration and other situational circumstances.

That said, SPC has been doing a lot of product upgrades to ensure their product is up to the task that we put them through. Regular greasing of the ball joint will certainly improve longevity.

Also, now that we have this new distributor, I have access to replacements ball joints and bushing as well as SPC LCA cam bolts for anyone interested.
I'd rather not replace ball joints every 25kish miles and I'm sure SPC did not design them to be replaced that often. I like the fact that SPC has made several improvements to the UCAs, namely in their bushings and the boot design. Unfortunately, I think they may have been overdue in adding the greasable ball joint after redesigning their boots a couple times to prevent grease loss.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I use like a 30cc syringe filled with heavy duty tacky grease, can't remember brand name of grease but I squeeze and force the grease into any boots/joints that are not serviceable, I have seen the boots hold water

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
For what it's worth, I clean and regrease my Camburg UCA balljoints every month to two months. Depends on how much I drive or how dirty they are.

Oswego

n00b
I'd rather not replace ball joints every 25kish miles and I'm sure SPC did not design them to be replaced that often. I like the fact that SPC has made several improvements to the UCAs, namely in their bushings and the boot design. Unfortunately, I think they may have been overdue in adding the greasable ball joint after redesigning their boots a couple times to prevent grease loss.

I was biting my tongue because I didn't want to start anything especially with a new enthusiastic vendor because we do appreciate the specials very much, but SPC has had more issues with their UCA's than I can remember. 25k seems short but my stock ball joints didn't last much longer than that. I think it was at 33k when my OE imploded and that was with my doctoring them along by bathing them in grease via needlepoint for months prior. That crap will squirt right back out once it's hot and you take a hit hard.....of course back then my truck spent more time in the sand/water/mud/snow than on actual roads.

My original Total Chaos uniballs lasted less than one winter (few thousand miles) before the salt pitted them out and wore the teflon away. Total Chaos said chrome was "harder". Now they sell stainless as the default and you can get chrome via special order if your dry all the time.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I run Red & Tacky tractor grease on my Uniballs. It's designed to stick to the metal and I've found it lasts longer.