Lost Sheep, Build Thread.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Sold and held less than a week, $820 profit, minus tax.
2994520D-3D5D-4707-AD3D-25A45CF290A8.jpeg

Some good info and simple advice in this short article.
A 36-year-old who learned to invest like Warren Buffett explains Buffett's No. 1 rule

Taco Loco

Interesting facts.
70% of all Americans have saved less than $1,000 in retirement accounts, and the average American credit debt is $5,500.

Can we send the 70% all to California?!?

I only have 2 credit cards, I never carry a balance, and always paid off every month.

One card never gets used in public, that card captures billed services like automatic payments for cell phone, electric bill, disability and life insurance policies etc. This card is never used in public because I don't have to worry about it getting compromised in retail or online, and it's a pain in the butt to update all those accounts.

The second card I use, which is overall the best card out there in the market, the PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa, it offers 5% on gas, 3% grocery and 1% retail. (This is card where I buy a gift card at the grocery store to get the 3% then use the gift card in addition to the Military discount of 10% at Lowes or Home Depot)

I plan on adding a third card, and this card I will only use for the non grocery and gas purchases. I'll roll the 2% back into my brokerage account.

Fidelity® Rewards Visa Signature® Card
Earn unlimited 2% cash-back on every eligible net purchase, with no annual fee. Help achieve your goals by funding your accounts through everyday spending.
Link to Fidelity accounts
Deposit your rewards4 into one account or divide them among several. You can even use your rewards to fund a loved one's account. Choose from up to 5 eligible accounts,5 including:
  • Brokerage account
  • Fidelity® Cash Management Account
  • Fidelity-managed 529 College Savings plan
  • Retirement account
  • Fidelity Go® account
  • Fidelity Charitable® Giving Account®

I'm not endorsing any credit card or company here, everything you read on the interwebz is risk and subject to you catching STD's.

Oswego

n00b
Interesting facts.
70% of all Americans have saved less than $1,000 in retirement accounts, and the average American credit debt is $5,500.

Up until a few years ago I was one of those suckers in debt. I'll never be in the "I didn't save" stats though. Had a 401k as soon as I was of legal age to have one. Try to save 10% a year through multiple means of diversified savings and then give 2% to charity.

I still am far behind the union guys I manage. They get $20 per hr put into their savings/pensions.

Taco Loco

Up until a few years ago I was one of those suckers in debt. I'll never be in the "I didn't save" stats though. Had a 401k as soon as I was of legal age to have one. Try to save 10% a year through multiple means of diversified savings and then give 2% to charity.

I still am far behind the union guys I manage. They get $20 per hr put into their savings/pensions.

Awesome, continue to save!!

And I hate the unions, especially teacher and medical unions.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

$20 hr?!?!?! No wonder their jobs cost so damn much.

Taco Loco

Market takin bit of beating today, I dropped some coin in it today, gonna try take advantage of some good buys from over reacting news.

Taco Loco

Oswego

n00b
$20 hr?!?!?! No wonder their jobs cost so damn much.
That’s what I was thinking, that’s like having a separate 40k job

We just hired a kid out of college for that price to estimate small jobs. He isn't even getting healthcare (still on his folks).

This is the only job Ill ever have where the field techs have it MUCH better than the management. I'm well taken care of, but no ones going to put 2 million into my retirement account for me. Theirs is mandatory.

My co-worker and I joke about the prisoners running the jail, but it's not a joke - they do.

Taco Loco

Did you know you can legally trade stock within a Roth IRA account, yes buy stocks, mutual funds the whole nine yards with the enchiladas, only set back there might be a 3 day settlement wait between trades on that amount traded(account specifics differentiate) and those short term gains continue to grow tax free!!

The max you can contributions for 401, 403, 457 in 2018: $18,500, you can add another $6K more if over age 50.

So what does this mean? Having a 401K through your employer does not preclude you from opening and funding a Roth IRA (assuming you fall within the income limitations; Yearly AGI does not exceed; Married $195,999, Single $132,999) https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p590a.pdf

i.e. John Doe, age 26 makes $90K per year, he can contribute $18,500 with his employers 401K and he can have a separate designated Roth account for additional $5,500, JD is able to bank away $24,000 per year.

The more ya know, the more the Sheep Build grows.

Disclaimer: You silly faggots, I'm not licensed to give any advice, everything you read is subject to risk and STD's.

Taco Loco

3F992680-2A82-4BFC-A198-1B4D79AD4A7B.jpeg

Fracking for oil causes earthquakes, and they say good Chinese food provides good fortunes.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Aren't you supposed to put the words "in bed" at the end of every fortune? It does fit nicely (thats what she said).

Taco Loco

Taco Loco

Our family finds in the past year, 50% of this was found in HEB parking lot.

$57.25
BA4DF216-29D8-4462-A4E1-0198E117AAFF.jpeg

($2 in pennies not shown, already put into rolls.)

Taco Loco

Thanks HEB, with the new start, the Lost but Found container has new coins, I found 2cents and the boys scored the rest.

BF71C5BC-FBC7-4027-9DBE-2F469A299DBB.jpeg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I never find shit.. of course I rarely go out unless its to work.

Taco Loco

Still using some Tshirts from highschool for shop rags, lol

It's Almost like I'm thrifty or something.
Live to work, not work to Live.

8ED70D54-2D9B-4ACF-B70F-11EE4D74B527.jpeg