Lost Sheep, Build Thread.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
I always check these machines, maybe this will be a free winner, winner, chickin dinner.

90BDF9C7-93BD-4AB2-B056-853DDD95B84E.jpeg

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
My grandmother always checked the coin returns of pay phones. Got lucky several times.

Taco Loco

My grandmother always checked the coin returns of pay phones. Got lucky several times.

my youngest son found almost $6 in one the coinstars

and my ticket was a loser baby.

Taco Loco

Damn I like free money, and we often pick up those discarded tickets, and always scan them.

4A4BC9C3-FC6D-4E11-8AE4-A79A4D438BDC.jpeg

71DA0755-F9D5-4296-BE02-40FB05AACFC2.jpeg

A3A7CC11-C4A3-4FCF-9381-15C3FB88BEC9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Taco Loco

https://claimittexas.org/app/claim-search

I was on the Tx comptroller website today renewing my Ag & Timber Tax Exemption for the next 3 years, noticed the the unclaimed weblink and did a search, one of our aunts has like $5K to claim and few other distance family was on there, just keep up with your refunds or money owed lol

Silverback

Nice!! Last time I got checked (when I bought the truck) I was at 831.

Taco Loco

Nice!! Last time I got checked (when I bought the truck) I was at 831.

I don’t understand the metrics behind all that, for many years, mine was always between 828 - 835, I was really surprised when it hit 843, not sure what it takes to have ‘perfect’ score.

balakay

BabyMax
I was around 790 u til I bought the house. Took a few hits buying the house and car within a few months of each other but I'm getting back up there. My biggest thing is my credit "age". Once that comes up I'll bump over 800 finally.

Oswego

n00b
I don’t understand the metrics behind all that, for many years, mine was always between 828 - 835, I was really surprised when it hit 843, not sure what it takes to have ‘perfect’ score.

Ive been testing this out. For the majority of my life I could care less about my score and I still really do not care because Ive never had any credit dings and paid off every loan Ive ever had early. + Anything above 750 and you are getting the best rates so why concern myself?

A while ago I found out I could check my score for free through Equifax because I have them watching my accounts after they got hacked (another story for another time). I was in the low 800's at that time.

I then decided to "sign up" for their "enhance your score" type junk (free) to see what it did. It recommended I pay off 40% of my total debt in the next quarter and then my score would increase. I laughed and dismissed it because thats clearly impossible or I'd have done it already.

Ever since I 'signed up" my score has been increasing. Ive done nothing different but I have been paying down my debt and I do have less. About the only thing that may have helped my score was financing 13k for my HVAC last October, but that was paid off within 3 months.

I have 2 active credit cards I use, neither of which ever carry a balance and a mortgage with less than 60k owed. My Subaru was paid off years ago and while it is still on my report I'm not sure if it still counts.

So in closing my theory is it's all fixed. Them telling everyone to have multiple cards and the more accounts you have in good standing the better your score does seems incorrect based on my findings.

Sign up for their free credit BS to increase your score and see if it starts climbing. My guess is it will

Oswego

n00b
Just checked and my score increased another point lol I swear it's because I signed up for their "increase your score" type junk.

With a score of 843 you prob have a better credit rating than 99.9% of all US consumers :chuck:

Mine says my score ranks higher than 98% of all US consumers and I'm 17 points lower than yours.

All I know is the economy is not as strong as everyone thinks it is if over 1/3 of all US consumers have a F or D rating.

upload_2019-12-11_17-15-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-11_17-12-48.png
    upload_2019-12-11_17-12-48.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 10

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
The fact the average credit score is so bad says more about the poor money IQ our society has than the strength of our economy. I have been paying more and more attention to my surroundings in terms of how people use their money and it is shocking. Lots of people are still money shredders in that they have to use it as fast as possible - either from a bad financial situation or poor choices. One thing my sammich maker and I have been focusing on is decisions that help us reach our long term goals more so than short term goals. We are living towards 5 and 10 year goals while still enjoying the here and now as best we can. Yes - it is tough; but we both finally have our credit scores over 700 after years of work. When I was in the Marine Corps I doubted I would live long enough to worry about my credit cards and credit score so I lived like it too. I wish I could kick my ass back then; I am finally able to move past some of those decisions.

Oswego

n00b
One guy at my work got a used low mileage Ford F-150. Within 2 weeks we had 2 more new F-150's and 2 new Silvarados in the parking lot. Screw the Jones's and keeping up with them. These guys are all in their 20's so they are learning by mistake just like you and I did back then.

Hard to be wise at a young age because you need experience to become wise and that's usually learned by making mistakes.

AlienXtx

Nignog
One guy at my work got a used low mileage Ford F-150. Within 2 weeks we had 2 more new F-150's and 2 new Silvarados in the parking lot. Screw the Jones's and keeping up with them. These guys are all in their 20's so they are learning by mistake just like you and I did back then.

Hard to be wise at a young age because you need experience to become wise and that's usually learned by making mistakes.
Truth lol. My facility maintenance guy (22) is like that. I try to advise him based on my stupidity, but it falls on deaf ears.

Silverback

Well I am going to look at a new ride for the wife tonight. She totaled hers last weekend... hit in just the right spot that it wasn't repairable to make it like it was before. :( Fucking thing was paid for... and nice! Anyhow, going to go look for something different. An SUV. Not paying for a new one though, looking for a slightly used one.

balakay

BabyMax
Well I am going to look at a new ride for the wife tonight. She totaled hers last weekend... hit in just the right spot that it wasn't repairable to make it like it was before. :( Fucking thing was paid for... and nice! Anyhow, going to go look for something different. An SUV. Not paying for a new one though, looking for a slightly used one.

XC90!

Oswego

n00b

That sucks! She OK?

Ive got no issues buying Japanese cars, but Ill be damned if I bought a car made in China these days. The more I find out about China the more I'm realizing we are in a cold war with them and they are winning IMHO. F the commies

China Uncensored

Taco Loco

damn she goes through some cars, what ever you buy her, put a roll cage in it!

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
GX460
Body on frame, luxury, v8 and instant status at the country club