Lower ball joints

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Lrgrnr, Apr 18, 2011.

1. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

I asked him once it was something on the order of 60k

Yup been patiently waiting for a while now.

2. drew02a

drew02a Moderator Staff Member

He's done a bit more than just SAS though

3. Lrgrnr

Lrgrnr Well-Known Member

My budget is 8k.......I think I hit it right on the head

x2

Last I heard he was going rear steer....

4. drew02a

Sounds doable and then some

Oh hell yeah!

5. taco4x4rar

I'm at 7k right now not counting the crawler, and have gathered up just about every thing down to the nickle and dime stuff.

6. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

$8k does sound doable. At the same time you may want to consider a trail rig like others have done here... 8k can by you a hell of a lot of fun!!!

And yeah, Wyatt has and continues to go nuts on that thing.

7. Lrgrnr

Lrgrnr Well-Known Member

I estimated the 8K without the crawler and FJ case.
    True.......but what fun is that?? :p

Also that's why I have a 4 Runner for a DD...

8. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Cool - Cool!

9. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

Kinda off track here but what exactly are the 4wd long travel options? I know all pro has one. Camburg? TC?

10. taco4x4rar

All poo, TC, and camburg are your only off the shelf option for 4x4lt.

11. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Yes and yes.

12. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

Ok, so let me guess. TC is the favorite but it costs a shit ton more than the others, all pro is ok but most people would stay away from it, and camburg falls somewhere in the middle?

How close am I?

13. drew02a

Doesn't engage have a kit that will retain 4x4? I know the have a super wide kit that won't

14. taco4x4rar

Close camburg on top they seem to have an overall better product than the others as for cost they are all within 2-300 dollars of eachother maybe a little more depending on the bells and whistles you want

15. taco4x4rar

Their site doesn't specify, but I would assume that it is a no as they claim 16" of travel and that is greater range of motion than a CV joint can handle at +4" wider per side. Not to mention their LCA design is a giant rock magnet.

16. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

I just read mjp2's LT info thread. It's a pretty good resource. He says All Pro is potentially best for crawlers because it only widens you 2" for tight trails whereas the others widen you 3.5".

17. taco4x4rar

Well TC also makes one that is just a +2", and would be my money over the all pro any day, however one really nice thing about the all pro that no one else does though is they push the axle forward about an inch and a half makeing it much easier to stuff larger tires (35"+) without getting into the firewall and body mount.

18. BirdTRD

BirdTRD beLIEve

That's a nice feature. I can't even seem to keep my 33's from rubbing. Shit gets old after a while.

19. taco4x4rar

Yea no kidding try it with 35s, If i had the skills and knowledge I would try to fabricate my own stock length control arms to push the axle center line forward.

20. fsbrain03

fsbrain03 Well-Known Member

So all this talk about LT. Would a good LT kit, be similar in capability to SAS? I know a little more reasonable in price.