Mauzer's 02' Runner build

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
That is pretty much the same thing I plan on doing, I made one out of aluminum and it really wasn't strong enough but, got crunched in the tree incodent anyway. The next one will be steel and welded to the body instead of bolted.

Mauzer

Pitter Patter. Lets Get at Er
Went to Rob's this weekend and got the timing belt, water pump, drive belts, etc all taken care of. I didn't have a camera but Rob took some pics of the mess my leaky water pump made. Rob did most of the work and we knocked it out in a little less than 8 hrs. I was suppose to go to BVORR for a couple hours on Sunday but after a looong mass the girls (my finace' and her sister) wanted to go to lunch so by the time I got back to my Runner I had to head back to San Antonio. Wish I could have made it :( and a HUGE THANKS to Rob for making it a painless job

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I'll post the pics I have this evening Brian.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Here they are, First is the crusty pink mess caused by the leaking water pump
DSCN6108.jpg

The new Asin pump installed
DSCN6112.jpg

New Timing belt installed and front of the motor all put back together.
DSCN6113.jpg

Mauzer

Mine will look that clean soon. Maybe even cleaner...

Probably, I would have cleaned things up a bit more but I was more interested in getting it done and didn't want to have to wait for paint to dry, etc

Mauzer

Just got back from Drew's, LOCKER INSTALLED! Didn't get my brakes, figured we would get to them while the RTV cured on my rear diff but like always shit took longer than expected. Big thanks to Drew, Andy, and Eric for all the help.

AlienXtx

Nignog
WooT!

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Badass!

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
Locker will make all of the difference on the trail. You should have tried to wheel without it at least once so that you could appreciate it more.

AlienXtx

Nignog
You getting used to it yet? How noisy is it being?

I hate when Kindra rides with me, everytime it pops or anything she starts freaking out...lol

Mauzer

You getting used to it yet? How noisy is it being?

I haven't had any experience with EZ Lockers.

I'm adapting my driving habits to it, you can hear it ratchet on slow turns and pop if I accelerate in a turn. I pulled up to work this morning and one of my coworkers was in the parking lot as I turned into a spot, it popped real loud and she was all "your car is making bad noises" and I told her "no, thats my locker...its a good noise."

I hate when Kindra rides with me, everytime it pops or anything she starts freaking out...lol

Yeah I can't wait see Ang's reaction the first time she hears it lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
I'm adapting my driving habits to it, you can hear it ratchet on slow turns and pop if I accelerate in a turn. I pulled up to work this morning and one of my coworkers was in the parking lot as I turned into a spot, it popped real loud and she was all "your car is making bad noises" and I told her "no, thats my locker...its a good noise."

Yeah I can't wait see Ang's reaction the first time she hears it lol
The first time mine did that I got a little scared too..lol