My 1993 Land Cruiser build...

Cannon88

I just joined the forum, but wanted to start a build thread for my Land Cruiser. If nothing else, it will help me keep track of the progress! :D

1993 Land Cruiser
235k miles and climbing
front/rear factory lockers
CDL with Pin7 mod
32" BFG KMs
ConFerr roof rack

I have a 4" lift and 37's sitting in my garage, patiently waiting for me to install them. I will update this thread with more details when I get around to doing the install.

Here is how it sits currently.

Dans93Cruiser.jpg

Upgraded the tunes with a Kenwood DNX5140 (Nav, DVD, etc.)

kenwood.jpg

Pulled my power leather seats (all 3 rows) and replaced with manual cloth. I still have the leather seats if I decide to recover/reinstall them later.

clothseats.jpg

I have had several Toyotas over the years, and this one is by far my favorite.

I have my sights set on sliders, different front/rear bumpers and a winch. May do it all when I install the lift/tires. Buying a house soon so it may be several months before I do much else.

Thanks for looking!

Cannon88

Thanks! Like I said, I have everything needed, just havent done it yet. My wife has been driving it more than me lately, and she is 5'2". So, she is not rushing me to install it either. :D

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Sweet LC! Welcome to the forum.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Nice ride man.

Cannon88

Well, you can run 35's with no lift, its tight, but doable. Every person I have spoke to about regearing with the 37's says its not really needed, but does help. Most say that the braking is the most effected prior to the regearing. I just hope I dont have to replace/modify my front drive shaft. If I do, thats fine, but I would prefer not to. It seems as though half of the guys need to, half dont. So, maybe I will get lucky. :D

taco4x4rar

I will regear... eventually. Several people run 37's without regearing the Land Cruiser.

Your transmission will hate you if you run 37s on stock gears. Cool rig I like those land cruisers

Cannon88

Randy, from every person I have talked with about this, that hasnt been the case. I was surprised to hear it, but I know several who have been running the 37's on stock gearing for years. I still want to regear, regardless though. I will be going with 5.29's.

taco4x4rar

Randy, from every person I have talked with about this, that hasnt been the case. I was surprised to hear it, but I know several who have been running the 37's on stock gearing for years. I still want to regear, regardless though. I will be going with 5.29's.

My Chevy with a bigbloxk and th400 and 4.10s didn't like 37s much at all and it was roughly the same weight and a lot more torque/hp

Cannon88

From my reading up on this, most have said that there is only a very small noticeable difference in going to 5.29's from stock gears on the 37's. Like I said, I will still be going that route, but I am not in much of a hurry. The major advantages are off road (rocks), obviously, and higher altitudes - which I dont need to worry about much here in DFW. :D Not arguing your points Randy, as I am constantly learning new things daily, just stating what I have read from others who have done it before me on the Land Cruiser.

Cannon88

I know how to break a few things too! :D I have been trying to keep that to a minimum on the LC though, it gets expensive to fix all the time! :D

taco4x4rar

I know how to break a few things too! :D I have been trying to keep that to a minimum on the LC though, it gets expensive to fix all the time! :D

Yup breaking shit sucks been there done that and bought the t-shirt.

taco4x4rar

Yup breaking shit sucks been there done that and bought the t-shirt.