Northwest OHV Park- Jan 27th

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Picking up an OHV sticker in Springtown tomorrow morning. This will put me a little late getting there. Anyone else need one?

unevolved

I'm good, I picked one up this week in Grapevine. What time are you going to get there?

tx_shooter

Staff member
Closer to 8:30 now. If I had used my head I would have picked one up while I was in Ft Worth this afternoon. But I was too focused on getting out of Ft Worth.

tx_shooter

Staff member
I just checked their weather- 50% chance of rain tonight but the total dropped is expected to be 0.04 inches. Tomorrow should be clear though.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Good day of wheeling. I made it home with a weird random popping sound from the front end. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

20180127_095003.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’

unevolved

Pretty happy with how the KO2s did, much better than the old Rugged Terrains. Here's the pictures I took. Working on the GoPro video, but there's not too much on there that's very interesting. Had the waterproof back on it, so the sound kinda sucks.

Photo Jan 27, 10 10 40 AM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 11 26 02 AM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 11 49 56 AM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 11 57 34 AM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 12 09 27 PM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 12 14 49 PM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 12 14 54 PM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 12 14 55 PM.jpg Photo Jan 27, 12 41 10 PM.jpg

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Well the side to side play and CV would be independent from each other, so there are two possible problems then.

unevolved

Well the side to side play and CV would be independent from each other, so there are two possible problems then.
Yeah, side-to-side play doesn't sound like the CV. Unless it's somehow the hub...? If the bearing shat the bed, he would have heard some terrible noises, and probably not made it home, though.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Yeah, side-to-side play doesn't sound like the CV. Unless it's somehow the hub...? If the bearing shat the bed, he would have heard some terrible noises, and probably not made it home, though.

That wheel bearing was replaced last summer. So far it is looking like the Inner Tie Rod end is trying to let go. I called Discount Tire to get 2 new front tires scheduled for Monday and an alignment at a local shop later that day hopefully.

tx_shooter

Staff member
@unevolved I showed the guys at Oreilly's the video. They immediately approved getting a warranty replacement. They said even if it is not visibly in multiple pieces that it making sounds when the wheel is spun by hand means it is done. So tomorrow I am swapping the CV and replacing the inner tie rod ends.

tx_shooter

Staff member
Few pics

Nice Landcruiser that needs a rear locker. We were all waiting on it to roll.

20180127_104327.jpg

Last trail on the way out to lunch

20180127_123049.jpg

tx_shooter

Staff member
Couple more pics from my sammich maker's phone.

TO_R_bridgeport1.jpg

TO_R_bridgeport2.jpg

Better perspective of the hill climb that produced the loud pop sound.

TO_R_bridgeport3.jpg

Last edited:

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Driver's front tire has side-to-side play in it when lifted on a jack. The CV also makes a noise when spun by hand. I wish i could be so lucky as it was the UCAs.

Does it have top to bottom play as well?