October 6-9 Arkansas hunt for the toothbrush inventor

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
Not yet. Still a few weeks away from listing our current house. We have only looked at 2 or 3 houses in person. Really wanted the house on Sunday to work out since it had a giant detached garage but it was priced at a premium and still needed $25k in updates and $10-$15k to run electricity to the garage. If it's still on the market in a few weeks we might put in an offer closer in line with the comps.

Don’t be afraid to offer 30-40% below asking price, the owner will counter offer.

Taco Loco

I’m glad I have taken some professional negotiations classes, learning about the psychology of others with transactions was probably most important part of those classes.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Don’t be afraid to offer 30-40% below asking price, the owner will counter offer.
Not after the house being on the market for 1 day. Also the house had some other things about it that turned us off. Our main focus is declutter our house and get it ready to list. Then we can get serious on our search.
@italynstylion staying in the same neighborhood. Looking to downsize a little and get a 1 story with less landscaping to deal with.

Taco Loco

Not after the house being on the market for 1 day. Also the house had some other things about it that turned us off. Our main focus is declutter our house and get it ready to list. Then we can get serious on our search.
@italynstylion staying in the same neighborhood. Looking to downsize a little and get a 1 story with less landscaping to deal with.

Oh I hear ya about that landscaping, I have tons of flower beds, I wish I had zero flower beds and a vegetable garden instead.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Oh I hear ya about that landscaping, I have tons of flower beds, I wish I had zero flower beds and a vegetable garden instead.
Like minds! I want few to no trees, some zero scape in the front and a garden in the back yard.

CowboyTaco

Less talk of flower beds, more talk of road trips.

I'd like to do a Colorado trip around Labor Day (Sept. 3). I wouldn't be opposed to taking off the 4-7.

Friday, August 31 - Leave Texas
Saturday, Sept 1 - Arrive in Colorado
Sunday, Sept 2 - Do something cool
Monday, Sept 3 - Do something patriotic
Tuesday Sept 4 through Friday, Sept 7 - wheel and camp
Saturday and Sunday - Return home

Pearl Pass, which goes between Crested Butte and Aspen is one of the highest passes and is usually only open for something like 2-3 months out of the year. I've heard that the snow doesn't melt up there until late July at the earliest. Probably not the prettiest pass ever, but one that I'd like to do. Should be clear by that week in September.

A few things could hinder me from going. I'll already be taking time off in August for a wedding. I don't remember the dates, so hopefully it is early August. Job and living situation are the others.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Colorado trip sounds awesome to me. I’ve got a cousin in Denver who drives a 4R who might be able to give some insight on places to go, but it sounds like y’all have some ideas already. Only conflict I have during September is class...

italynstylion

I'd like to do a Colorado trip around Labor Day (Sept. 3). I wouldn't be opposed to taking off the 4-7.

Pearl Pass, which goes between Crested Butte and Aspen is one of the highest passes and is usually only open for something like 2-3 months out of the year. I've heard that the snow doesn't melt up there until late July at the earliest. Probably not the prettiest pass ever, but one that I'd like to do. Should be clear by that week in September.

A few things could hinder me from going. I'll already be taking time off in August for a wedding. I don't remember the dates, so hopefully it is early August. Job and living situation are the others.
I'd be down for that exact date schedule. Only I'll be staying to run the race in Ouray on Saturday September 8th and going home on the 9th. That's what we did last year and it worked out great.

tex

That's Mr Asshole to you
Sounds like a labor day Colorado trip is in order. I know of some fishing spots near Creede. Some easy that are close to the road and others that are a hike.

MatthewMay1

amateur professional
Well dang if everybody can go on Labor Day, maybe I can get the time....We'll have to see. So many mods I'd want to do before then...

Taco Loco

Colorado trip sounds awesome to me. I’ve got a cousin in Denver who drives a 4R who might be able to give some insight on places to go, but it sounds like y’all have some ideas already. Only conflict I have during September is class...
Sounds like a labor day Colorado trip is in order. I know of some fishing spots near Creede. Some easy that are close to the road and others that are a hike.
Well dang if everybody can go on Labor Day, maybe I can get the time....We'll have to see. So many mods I'd want to do before then...
Labor Day would be a good graduation celebration trip.

Quit watching the flowers grow and get a new CO thread going.