P0171 and P0174

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by TacoXpo, May 23, 2016.

1. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Anyone deal with these? Bank 1 and Bank 2 lean. Looked for vac leaks, wanted to put a new fuel filter but 2nd gens DONT have a replaceable filtrer WTF? Anyone?

2. taco4x4rar

taco4x4rar Well-Known Member

Fuel pump going south? I believe the filter is built into the pump

3. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Isn't that great... Found that out when I was looking to fix my fuel gauge. Guy said you can monkey with the sending unit and explode or do what we do and replace the entire pump because it's integrated.

4. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

Yep, I ran into the same deal. The filter cannot be replaced and you have to buy the whole unit.

Did your check engine light come on?

5. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Yes CEL was how I knew there were codes. Yes, no fuel filter. I was asking to see if anyone had the same code.

6. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

So how much is the new pump? Is it in the tank? I've never paid any attention to its location.

7. Oswego

Oswego n00b

No sir. Mine never popped off any codes. Just stuck on "E" with fuel warning light on for past 3-4 years.

8. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

I am so glad you didn't come back with, "Oh those codes! Those are the ones that popped up just before my engine failed." lol :)

9. Silverback

Silverback I'm not always a dick. Just kidding, fuck off.

Its been so long since that occurred that may have been the case. Maybe Dyob just forgot. :p;)

10. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

11. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Not yet....well maybe .?.

Only codes my truck ever threw were after a flume ride down a river ~ once she dried out she was ok. Well....... as OK as my truck can get.

Good luck Rodger!

Oh and BTW anyone need a front diff and LCA's out of a 07? My buddy sold his Taco and needs the stuff gone. He's asking $75. Doubtful he wil ship but if someones in need I may try to help. If your looking to resell don;t bother me....would be a 2hr drive + I'd have to box & ship.

12. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

@TacoXpo I'm gonna PM you real quick.

13. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Okay, I think my codes were coming from a bad o-ring/gasket where the 'engine cover' lifts off to expose the intercooler. I think it's all good now. :)

The 'engine' cover I'm referring to.

[​IMG]

tx_shooter likes this.
  14. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Thats great news...fingers crossed.

TacoXpo likes this.