Paintball

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by AlienXtx, Jan 11, 2019.

1. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Anyone beside me interested in paintball? My son has decided he is so I’m slowly getting back into it after 20+ years.

I’m sure I’ve missed out on a lot so I went with an old stand by Tippmann for both our guns, A-5 for him and my personal fav Custom 98 for me.

Ive added a new 16” barrel to mine, and just ordered a few accessories for his. I’ll post pics once I put them on since it’s for his birthday and I still have them put away till next weekend.

Anathollo likes this.
  2. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Same here. Played a little in high school 20+ years ago then stopped.

For the past 5 years Ive been playing in a scenario game in PA at a field called Skirmish. Supposed to be one of the largest annual games in the world with 4,000 players +/- over the weekend. Friday night is castle night. Saturday and Sunday are recreations of the Invasion of Normandy (ION). Local farmers let us camp in their fields for free and I'd guess at least 10k people show up in total.

Last few years:

my fav

I bought a face-mask on year one and have been borrowing my buddy's gear up until this year. Their dad's have been bringing them to this event since they were kids so they turned into big time paintball gear heads. I wanted to play more often so this year I bought a very used Tippmann 98 Custom and hopper on the last day of ION for cheap. Got home and grabbed a 2pc barrel from Dye off fleabay and a Ninja high pressure SL277 tank from Ans gear. Now I have a pretty much indestructible set up that should last forever.

Looking to match similar rates of fire and range of the Jones's I ended up grabbing a Planet Eclipse Emek 100 with their new pals system and one of their new pals hoppers a few weeks ago. Threw a freak xl barrel kit on it with a pops on/off. Also grabbed a Virtue IR hopper and Ninja super low pressure SL277 tank for it. It's nice and refined compared to the 98. It's super low pressure so it's efficient, quiet, accurate, and dependable. I'm a huge fan so far. People are also printing body's for it since Planet Eclipse made the files for it public and I guess that's pretty cool, but Ill never get one.

[​IMG]

Anathollo and AlienXtx like this.
  3. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Over the holidays I broke down the 98 so I could polish up the internals, replace all the o rings, replace the springs, new ball detent, put in a new bolt, add an end cap that will take a sling, and dial her into around 285fps on average. Shooting like a new gun now and I wish I did this back when I bought it last summer. She will be my perfect back up or loaner gun. Should be able to take it out a decade from now and still work perfectly.

[​IMG]

also swapped in some stainless hardware to get rid of the rusty stuff & ditched the asa extension because it was heavy and felt goofy when I shoulder the tank.
    [​IMG]

The original powder coat over spray was killing my efficiency. Left side is cleaned w/steel wool before I polished it (vs) rt that's stock w/overspray
    [​IMG]

4. balakay

balakay $20 is $20.

Havent played since middle school. But I had the trusty old Tippmann 98 Custom back in the day as well. I've thought about getting back into it but I'm trying to limit the amount of money ducking hobbies I have.

5. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

Something tells me that foregrip would make that illegal in CA! lol

6. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Here’s my 98 with a JJ 16” ceramic barrel. I’ve only shot about 600-700 round through it, but it’s night/day over the stock barrel. C35CA629-A3FC-4AE3-B8B3-1F51926F859A.jpeg
    Here’s the A-5 (full auto) my son got. The attachments are for his birthday so he has not seen them yet. I got a Tippmann 14” barrel, a AR style front grip that the barrel free floats inside and a collapsible folding stock.
    E6AA3A02-20E3-4419-A44C-E4D067BA4635.jpeg
    This is the air driven ball feed that comes stock on the A-5. You can buy it has an upgrade for the 98.
    768652D8-B2BC-4E11-BD33-D9ED40F61245.jpeg 6DAAB47F-1732-47EF-B5D8-D5B065150994.jpeg
    Here is my CO2 fill station project
    5DE3516E-5022-4100-844F-D2F0F7F8A73F.jpeg

Oswego likes this.
  7. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

And probably cause cancer too, apparently everything causes it in Cali lol

TacoXpo likes this.
  8. TacoXpo

TacoXpo Freedom

9. Oswego

Oswego n00b

Only time Ill ever get to have things like that or a folding collapsible stock like Keith just got his son

I like the cyclone hopper. I don't have ACT on my 98 so that would be a great upgrade. I wanted to get one because I was chopping so much paint, but ended up buying the other gun so I skipped putting more $$ into it.

AlienXtx and TacoXpo like this.
  10. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Just ordered a box of these to try from ANS, they had a good price per box and free shipping. Only place around here that carries paint is Academy and they never have any in stock.
    AEF18BAB-22AA-4ADC-8EC6-C69FA88DA624.jpeg Got my new mask in, Valken Profit. Way better then the shitty JT that came packaged in with my gun.
    DB80751C-E62B-4F0E-85C9-61B56E743CC9.jpeg

Silverback and Anathollo like this.
  11. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Silverback likes this.
  12. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

I really like they way this guy does his videos. Those First strike guns are fucking killer too

13. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

14. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

Looks like he custom builds most of his kit. This video is older then the headshot one above, because he has converted most to use First Strikes

15. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

360*VR, best watch on your phone

16. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

17. tx_shooter

tx_shooter Looking for my missing spare time Staff Member

The last time I really messed with paintball gear was over 10 years ago. It is crazy how far the gear and prices have advanced. A lot of those builds cost more than my rifles.

18. AlienXtx

AlienXtx Nignog

That’s no lie, the days of burning up the tiny co2 canisters are a thing of the past. I think I could get nto to this type of building way more then actual ARs though simply because I’d actually use these on a regular basis. I own one AR and I may shoot it once or twice a year and that’s only if I have it on me when when I’m rifle hunting. I can’t get into target shooting/plinking.

19. Anathollo

Anathollo Armorall is my choice of lube Staff Member

We need to take you to some 2 gun competitions. That'llchange your mind about Target plinking

20. tx_shooter

tx_shooter Looking for my missing spare time Staff Member

I was thinking 500 yard steel plate challenges. Nothing like some friendly competition with $2k worth of swag/gear on the line.

Anathollo likes this.