Primate Labs Test Subject - 2007 Tacoma - codename: Silverback

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Swapped out the solar charge controller in the bed rack. New one has bluetooth so you can monitor the power input and output. Right now I just hooked a spare battery (not fully charged) to it since the rack is off and sitting in the garage. But the app is pretty slick. Turned on some of the LED lights on the rack and you could see the load go from 0.0 to .8 or so.

IMG_4954.PNG

IMG_4955.PNG

IMG_4956.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4954.PNG
    IMG_4954.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16

Silverback

New gas struts in rear toolbox installed.. eating an elephant at this point. One little bite at a time.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
You wouldn't mind testing in the field and tell me how far the Bluetooth works between charger and your phone

Silverback

Well I don't think its far.. but when in range its awesome. I tested it in the garage and after about 15' it didn't like it. It may be due to that I have it in a metal box, but whatever, I'm not planning to check on it unless I'm close to the truck and a tablet in the cab should be fine.

Silverback

I'll know more once I get it installed and can see it in the driveway... I mean field. :)

Oswego

n00b
The history feature will be cool to see how much you use for specific applications.

Silverback

Well I don't think its far.. but when in range its awesome. I tested it in the garage and after about 15' it didn't like it. It may be due to that I have it in a metal box, but whatever, I'm not planning to check on it unless I'm close to the truck and a tablet in the cab should be fine.

I take this statement back, it's range is actually very good. I was in the house, about 30' from the unit and 2 walls separating us. Connected to it in seconds. Not sure why it didn't like it before. Will have to mess with it once its in place to get a better feel.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I take this statement back, it's range is actually very good. I was in the house, about 30' from the unit and 2 walls separating us. Connected to it in seconds. Not sure why it didn't like it before. Will have to mess with it once its in place to get a better feel.
Good to hear!

Silverback

Since I decided to start building a new rack for the bed I needed to get a few final things. Going to be using VisionX amber colored rock lights to shine down into the bed from above. I like these things, all metal construction, comes with multiple mounting options, even has a adapter for round tubing. Now to decide, do I want to use the 1.75x.095 tubing I already have in the garage or go get some new 1.75x.120 tubing. I still need to buy some 3x3" angle and some small drops of flat plate to make gussets and tie-downs for it... oh and some welding gas.

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

Oswego

n00b
nice that they give you so much cable per light and the different mounts

Silverback

I told ya. Exciting.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
more progress than me lol

Silverback

I had so many plans for Dec 2020... and the above was the extent of what I got done. Hopefully 2021 brings me a shot of "Get shit done" because 2019 and 2020 had jack-shit for getting it done in its bag.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
I need to get off my ass and pull the 22re out of mine for the motor swap since i need the motor harness for that.

Boomtacoma01

Tommy want wingy..
No shit we do