Professionals thread (work related)

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
LOL

If I miss my morning caffeine even I do not want to be around me. When I travel for work the few people I have traveled with know I better get my morning Dr Pepper.

AlienXtx

Nignog
So....my boss "retired" last Wednesday (long story im not getting into right now) which puts me officially in his spot. Not much should change since I've been doing 98% of his duties for the past 10 years anyway. I did get the bump in pay I wanted without even having to ask, which was nice. I probably could have asked for more, but I'd rather use the funds to create a few new positions in maintenence to ease up the work load on my shop attendant and my facilitys guy, which i have already done. This now has my company being ran by gen X'ers in all the top positions with the exception of the President who has been in/out of the hospital on the regular lately. After a week its already showing improvement in over all company moral and with my new found freedom to make decisions without a "boomer" shutting it down, I've taken huge steps in improving the flow of Maintenance and bringing it all up to date and out of the 80's rut it was stuck in. Hopefully this up swing continues as we move forward.
Never really noticed how bad my old boss was dragging everyone down around here with his negative/bad attitude and shitty management skills, guess after damn near 15years I was numb to it.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
So....my boss "retired" last Wednesday (long story im not getting into right now) which puts me officially in his spot. Not much should change since I've been doing 98% of his duties for the past 10 years anyway. I did get the bump in pay I wanted without even having to ask, which was nice. I probably could have asked for more, but I'd rather use the funds to create a few new positions in maintenence to ease up the work load on my shop attendant and my facilitys guy, which i have already done. This now has my company being ran by gen X'ers in all the top positions with the exception of the President who has been in/out of the hospital on the regular lately. After a week its already showing improvement in over all company moral and with my new found freedom to make decisions without a "boomer" shutting it down, I've taken huge steps in improving the flow of Maintenance and bringing it all up to date and out of the 80's rut it was stuck in. Hopefully this up swing continues as we move forward.
Never really noticed how bad my old boss was dragging everyone down around here with his negative/bad attitude and shitty management skills, guess after damn near 15years I was numb to it.

awesome, yep best thing to do is focus on keeping the climate going in a positive direction, let the employees know individually your expectations, a ‘looking forward approach‘

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member

Congrats! I know you have been really waiting for this to finally happen. I hope he enjoys retirement more than he enjoyed making everyone miserable at work.

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
Congrats man! I literally went through this same situation back in January.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Congrats! I know you have been really waiting for this to finally happen. I hope he enjoys retirement more than he enjoyed making everyone miserable at work.
We definitely have a conversation for our next lunch.

Oswego

n00b
This lady is not afraid to speak the truth. She's quickly becoming one of my go to resources for quick common sense takes on building science and materials

Already getting death threats in her comments and she has a very small channel so you know she is pushing the right buttons.

Anathollo

Staff member
This lady is not afraid to speak the truth. She's quickly becoming one of my go to resources for quick common sense takes on building science and materials

Already getting death threats in her comments and she has a very small channel so you know she is pushing the right buttons.
Watched that last night. She's spot on.

Oswego

n00b
She's got a ton of good content. One of those architects who actually gets her hands dirty, actually researches what she's specifies, and has common sense. Oh and she's not afraid to speak up and call out her industry.

If she wasn't married I'd try to get my foot in the door cause I like them kinda women .....(dark and not taking shit from anyone) lol

AlienXtx

Nignog
Fuck, I dont know how you got more then a few seconds in after she opened her mouth and started talking lol

I cannot handle indian/English

Last edited:

Oswego

n00b
Ive got no issues with accents now. When I was younger I had major issues like your talking about. My ears would hurt lol

Found that the British and Indian accents were very hard for me to understand back then. I enveloped myself into talking to both through work so now I hear it all. Salesman who showed me the Skirmish ION event many years ago is a Brit and when I was running Oldcastle's door dept 15 years ago I hired an Indian woman as an apprentice. To this day she's been the best. Cracker kid I tried to teach 6 years ago (wanna be wigger rapper/white trash) tried to fight me in the parking lot when my coworker ratted him out. He was the worst. I could understand him but he couldn't understand what I was saying...like show up on time, put your cell phone down, do some freaking work lol

New Zealander's still throw me off when they talk fast as well as the Welsch.....well I can't understand shit they say no matter how slow.

The local Amish (40-50 miles away) have cool accents

I also grew up and was a minority in my hood. 1 of 3 white kids on the bus. Super dense Asian and Indian population thus why I think I like dark chicks. The kids didn't have accents but the parents did

AlienXtx

Nignog
Its just Indians speaking English that bother me really. Russian speaking English use to bother me, but after listening to that guy over on TFL for so long (use to hate him, now he's my favorite) I've gotten over it. Its not that I can't understand them (you should hear some of the accents around here including my own) its just something that makes me cringe, plus she's ugly lol

Oswego

n00b
One mans trash is another's treasure.

I'd treat her like a queen. Well a queen that gets her hands dirty daily. I'm prob only really into her cause she works hard, is smart and has a darker complexion. She's really not that hot.

Anathollo

Staff member
One mans trash is another's treasure.

I'd treat her like a queen. Well a queen that gets her hands dirty daily. I'm prob only really into her cause she works hard, is smart and has a darker complexion. She's really not that hot.
There's an Indian chick at my work that's smoking hot, always wears skin tight work out clothes but her name starts with "Poo" (I'm not going to type out her whole name here). I could never say her name without laughing unfortunately. But that wouldn't stop me from wearing her out.

Oswego

n00b
lol

CowboyTaco

There's an Indian chick at my work that's smoking hot, always wears skin tight work out clothes but her name starts with "Poo" (I'm not going to type out her whole name here). I could never say her name without laughing unfortunately. But that wouldn't stop me from wearing her out.

quite literally sticking it in the poo hole....not matter which one you went in.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Hot Indian women are Unicorns... ultra rare.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Just fuck the Poo out of her lol