Professionals thread (work related)

AlienXtx

Nignog
We just put up emergency sneeze guards on all our hospital receptionist desks. Looks like shit but is "functional" for now.
I had to rush and do the same on my fixed route buses this am after some nasty ass blew snot all over one of my drivers. Looks like shit, but it makes the drivers more comfortable.
20200330_113913.jpg

20200330_114544.jpg

20200330_122439.jpg

Anathollo

Armorall is my choice of lube
Staff member
I had to rush and do the same on my fixed route buses this am after some nasty ass blew snot all over one of my drivers. Looks like shit, but it makes the drivers more comfortable.
View attachment 22333
View attachment 22335
View attachment 22336
Yeah mine looks a little better but not by much! lol

And it's only a matter of time before they shut y'all and the Houston Metro down. They just reported a couple of cases on Metro route 247 this morning. A Metro bus driver and a couple of riders tested positive.

AlienXtx

Nignog
Yeah mine looks a little better but not by much! lol

And it's only a matter of time before they shut y'all and the Houston Metro down. They just reported a couple of cases on Metro route 247 this morning. A Metro bus driver and a couple of riders tested positive.
Yeah I had maybe an hour to get 12 up lol.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
Shit I can get 12 up in under a minute.. seconds if she's working it right.

AlienXtx

Nignog

Silverback

LOL

AlienXtx

Nignog

Silverback

Its only 12cm.. some girls like it that thick.

Oswego

n00b
welp....I officially just ran out of work to do from home. When I get some submittals back Ill need a day to order all the materials, but thats it for me unless we land something thats in NJ or deemed essential work. I could spend a week cleaning up files and busy work type crap from home, but not sure if I want to milk it. Might take some vacation/PTO time. Think Ive got 2+ weeks left.

Taco Loco

Tired and Lazy, married to ‘The Laundry Fairy’
welp....I officially just ran out of work to do from home. When I get some submittals back Ill need a day to order all the materials, but thats it for me unless we land something thats in NJ or deemed essential work. I could spend a week cleaning up files and busy work type crap from home, but not sure if I want to milk it. Might take some vacation/PTO time. Think Ive got 2+ weeks left.

milk it, the virus peak has yet to hit your area, your looking at a month after peak before they even think about going back to normal

Anathollo

Staff member
Uhhh you have plenty of work left to do...I don't see that Tacoma sitting in your driveway running...You need to consider getting the truck running as your job now. Especially since it'll be a better bug out vehicle than the Subaru...

You should consider getting the Tacoma running as a life saving, must have, bug out vehicle, ultimate priority right now. ;)

Taco Loco

Also for business, cash preservation is king during times like this, but this also allows business to inventory, do minimal remodeling, maintain and service equipment, also it’s really important for owners, supervisors and employees to do some brain storming to think about what new products or services they can provide with the equipment and materials they already own.

CowboyTaco

I wholeheartedly agree with Scott here. Milk it and get all those projects done that you put off and think "maybe one day when I have more time."

Also agree with @Anathollo ...would be good to get the Tacoma running.

Oswego

n00b
WTF.....someone in here call a mfg and tell them I was available? Just got a cold call from these guys 5 minutes after I typed that comment.... CGH Home

They want me to come manage their entrance division out of their NJ plant for all their plants (one is in TX).

One of the few companies I never sent my resume to lol

I never liked their old owner, but now they are under new ownership. Problem with that is it's an investment firm pulling the strings and those guys are clueless about glass

Anathollo

Staff member
WTF.....someone in here call a mfg and tell them I was available? Just got a cold call from these guys 5 minutes after I typed that comment.... CGH Home

They want me to come manage their entrance division out of their NJ plant for all their plants (one is in TX).

One of the few companies I never sent my resume to lol

I never liked their old owner, but now they are under new ownership. Problem with that is it's an investment firm pulling the strings and those guys are clueless about glass
Well if it's more money, then move on.

Taco Loco

This ^^^ There comes a point we all have to accept that for the right $$$ we are whores. Make that $20 and get closer to the end goal.

If anyone continues to switch jobs over money, it will eventually bite them in the ass, if they have a good work environment and good benefits and they somewhat enjoy that job, stay put. An old wise owl told me this.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
If anyone continues to switch jobs over money, it will eventually bite them in the ass, if they have a good work environment and good benefits and they somewhat enjoy that job, stay put. An old wise owl told me this.

Sorry, how many years of employment outside of the government are you referring from? Most companies today expect talent to turn over withing 3-5 years. The pay raises do not keep up with cost of living to the point that you have to get a significantly different position in the company/new job to get back to where you should be industry wise. Too often employees become "too valuable in that position" so it is impossible to get a good promotion without leaving the company.

So yeah - keep your eyes open and look for growth opportunities. Lots of places look for people with a variety of experiences because they get more talent for the money.