R&R Offroad Kit

fsbrain03

Visited Rock and Roll Offroad last week. The guy pretty much told me that I was stupid for waisting money on Bilsteins, Built Right UCA, and my budget lift.

Sent me an email yesterday with the below:
Total Chaos UCA kit is 700.00
King coilover with remote kit 1350.00
King rear piggyback 750.00
Rear Deaver mini leaf pack 299.95
Labor 550.00
freight 125.00
estimated 4000.00

Crazy.

Next year I do plan on upgrading everything. We'll have to see which route I can take.

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
Visited Rock and Roll Offroad last week. The guy pretty much told me that I was stupid for waisting money on Bilsteins, Built Right UCA, and my budget lift.

Sent me an email yesterday with the below:
Total Chaos UCA kit is 700.00
King coilover with remote kit 1350.00
King rear piggyback 750.00
Rear Deaver mini leaf pack 299.95
Labor 550.00
freight 125.00
estimated 4000.00

Crazy.

Next year I do plan on upgrading everything. We'll have to see which route I can take.

Well if you are waiting til next year, hell we're all planing on getting smart cars and I am sure we'll sell our stuff cheap!!! Yeah, it is pretty crazy... I had to add things up for my accountant (I write off a portion of the actual costs vs. std miles) - I could of had... well you can fill in the blank! When you look at a lot of the costs, you could justify owning a lot of very expensive rides!!!

taco4x4rar

4grand is retarded. The kings are nice but totally not worth it for one extra inch of travel and that dewberry mini pack is just a glorified aal. Keep what you've got

TacoXpo

HOAX DENIER
4grand is retarded. The kings are nice but totally not worth it for one extra inch of travel and that dewberry mini pack is just a glorified aal. Keep what you've got

Having burned off decals on bilstiens, Kings will provide you more than just travel... It all depends upon your relationship with the gas pedal and the terrain!

taco4x4rar

Having burned off decals on bilstiens, Kings will provide you more than just travel... It all depends upon your relationship with the gas pedal and the terrain!

Here in TX we don't have much of that go fast stuff so the Billie's are just fine

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
I'll take a rebuildable shock (Fox,King,Icon) over a Billy 5100 any day. Even though going fast isn't something we do around here, there IS a difference between a Billy and a King, even at low speeds. Now with that said, around here a Billy 5100 will work just fine. For the record, I'd still go OME over a Billy as a budget alternative.

I'm just surprised that he tried to sell you $750 rear shocks with an AAL. Figure as long as you are going whole hog, get a complete leaf pack.

yotarob

Kiss My IFS
I wouldn't pay them 4K for all that, but at least they aren't trying to sell you all-pro stuff.

fsbrain03

My plans are to get a new coilover system, but not the kings. I will not be replacing my rear Bilstein 5125's with his expensive setup. I am also going to get whole new leaf packs.

I'm not sure how much he inflated those prices. Last year I went in befor I had done any mods. He tried to sell me a $6K package. Sounds retarded to me. He charges $90/hr on labor. They do a lot of mall crawlers. So, if you want a mall crawler, they can build you an awesome one.

Silverback

They do a lot of mall crawlers. So, if you want a mall crawler, they can build you an awesome one.

They also do some pretty badass rigs, non-mall crawlers.

fsbrain03

They also do some pretty badass rigs, non-mall crawlers.

Yes I know. They advertise more of the Mall Crawler type trucks.

The tech guys do know what they are talking about. There are a couple of Tacos parked out front all the time, very nice trucks.

fsbrain03

But, in a tight budget. Would that kit be a good setup? I would prefer the Kings, but the price may not prefer me.

taco4x4rar

But, in a tight budget. Would that kit be a good setup? I would prefer the Kings, but the price may not prefer me.

Are you dead set on adj. coilovers? Because I think a complete OME setup all the way around shocks springs everything would be the best route to go for a budget build should be around 800 bucks or so for everything. And if you are dead set on the coilovers the there is cheap SAW(sway away) coilovers on the low end, Icons, in the middle, and fox/king on top. Spend as much money as you think is pertinent to your situation just keep in mind valving is everything you want something valved properly for the weight of your vehicle and rate/length of your springs. In the rear the OME springs are the only way to go unless you are going to have a custom built leaf pack from alcon, none of the other off the shelf packs have the weight capicity to handle the added weight of bumpers/gear/extra flex without caving. For rear shocks bilstein 7100s, not much different than fox or king I just like them, all of them are adjustable valving wise and rebuildable. For the UCAs I think your builtrights are the same as the total chaos UCAs keep them untill that is proven other wise. Without going long travel this is about as built as an IFS rig can be created.

Silverback

^^x2^^ A full OME setup is the way to go on a budget. Since you already have the BR UCA's there is no sense spending the $$ on a set of TC or Camburg... spend the money on a full set of skids.