Red's 01 4Runner

balakay

BabyMax
How much you want for the front seats? My Tacoma needs new seats.

Silverback

Lima Gulf Bravo Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
White Tacoma, white Ford, white Tundra, white Ford, white RZR... silver 4Runner

Ahh grasshopper... not as observant. You missed the white Merc.. 4Runner will be repainted I bet. lol

Silverback

Also, didn't you have a white Taco before?

Silverback

Still.. he has a pattern. Meets chic.. first question "What color is our vehicle?"

Large

Large

Radiator #3 :

IMG-1754.jpg

Also tore down my interior:

IMG-1756.jpg

IMG-1764.jpg

Mock up:

IMG-1765.jpg

leftovers:

IMG-1766.jpg

So the brackets say universal fit, not the case unless you want to drill extra holes which I don't so I have to order new brackets.
Now going to line x the interior, still have to fix my CV and power steering pump as well

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Damn those seats are sexy. I hope you are buying the cheap radiators. Is it debris that are breaking them or flex causing them to crack?

Large

Damn those seats are sexy. I hope you are buying the cheap radiators. Is it debris that are breaking them or flex causing them to crack?
$140 with a lifetime warranty, spend another $30 on fluid, but not bad to swap, just hate the trans lines trying to get them plugged.
Ended up using some 1/2" bolts, wasn't too bad.

First one I punctured on a rock, no skids.
2nd one I think it had a hole in it cuz leaked right when I put it in.
This one I made sure to run water through it, no leaks.

Large

Swapped busted CV out this weekend (#7 i think), took me an hour .. that mf was not budging at all. Ended up kind of damaging the sleeve on the front diff, oh well.
I am not going to swap another CV if I break it, everything will get cut off and a solid axle will go in.

IMG-1816.jpg

IMG-1818.jpg

Tube doors are on, need to mount the mirrors and speakers and wire them up. I think they came out decent.

IMG-1819.jpg

Should get my other 2 seats this week with the correct mounting brackets, the rear seats I will just fab up a mount for each one.

Large

New brackets came in yesterday and threw the front seats on, I am gonna have to fab a bracket for the rear seats with some angle iron.

2.jpg

Front skid installed, and to my unshockingly surprise ... they didn't include all the bolts I need for the t-case skid ... so a fastenal trip is in order as usual.

3.jpg

Also friend sent these to me, I want a set but the gf doesn't like them

1.jpg

Got a cabin for HF this weekend, will report back .. not expecting to do anything wild since it's supposed to be 'family friendly'

Large

Last Wed at around 1 am I was woken up by a loud boom, can't really describe it but the house shook. Come to find out a neighbor chem plant had an explosion about a block from where I work. At the time I was 12 linear miles away and was sound asleep when I heard the first explosion. I am back at work now on lockdown until Wednesday cuz apparently it's still burning.
This pic was from the 2nd explosion (which I also heard when I was outside wrenching on my runner). There was some speculation on what the object flying was, I think the consensus was a heat exchanger, about 40 ft long, 20k lbs and flew over 400 foot away. Pretty nuts.

1.jpg

Anywho, we arrived Friday morning at 10ish at HF, it was nasty out. Foggy all day, couldn't see 10' in front of me at night time but we did have a good time. Here's a few pics.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Large

Of course it wouldn't be a trip without some carnage, the waterfall claimed 2.. my runner and my 900.
Needed 2 winches to pull this fat ass out.

7.jpg

then she attempted, laid it over and her 'beer' cans fell out.
sorry about the shit quality, it's a screenshot from a poorly taken vid

9.jpg

to be fair, I couldn't even attempt the waterfall .. I was cruising through the creek, hit a small bump, nothing unusual .. battery fell off the tray and pulled the negative post off and killed the whole thing. No biggie, just re-connect the battery and it should start up right? Nope, don't know why the fack but it wouldn't even crank. It would try maybe 1 rotation like the starter would attemp to start but would only crank once and nothing else. Had to tow it back, got it back, checked all the fuses and relays, everyhing was good, fuel pump worked, beat on the starter but when holding the key to crank it I was getting 12 volts to it .. there was an aftermarket alarm put on the runner that I need to remove, i messed with it for about 20 min and finally got it cranked and wheeled another 2-3 hours.

Got home last night about 5 and it wouldn't crank again.
Also need to quit bsing around and swap out the power steering pump, went through 2 bottles of atf and the whole engine bay is covered in it.
Did about 150 miles of trails, mostly mild but did have a good time overall.

tx_shooter

You ever try to roughie a bear?
Staff member
Nice pics; sucks to hear the 4R is giving issues. It looks like the blade work they did on the trails over the summer has helped a lot. Was it crowded over the holiday weekend?

Large

Nice pics; sucks to hear the 4R is giving issues. It looks like the blade work they did on the trails over the summer has helped a lot. Was it crowded over the holiday weekend?
Wasn't too bad actually, the jeeps were fine but the SXS guys were being douchy as fack and speeding everywhere.

Large

This weekend was total shit. I hit the road Thursday the 12th around 6 PM ... hoping to make it to Arkansas around 10-11.
Didn't happen, stomach was churning. Turns out I had the stomach flu, 20 min in to the drive I turn around and head home and decide to make the drive around 4 am and be there at 10ish am Friday morning. I was up all night puking and pissing out of my ass. Went to a minute clinic and they diagnosed and gave me drugs. The Beaumont guys were surely happy I didn't go cuz they got a free cabin out of the deal. Been in my bed since.

I received my new power steering pump and my swag bag from @tx shooter .. also put a hefty dent / scratch in my truck when I was 'woozy' on my meds trying to back in my lowboy.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG-0046.jpg

IMG-0049.jpg